Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Fits full of air.

  • Jason Fishman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2003
      Yes and dare I say you got the waskely wabbit! In mid air even....

      Peace and Love

      Nina <murrkis@...> wrote:
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
      <sandeepc@b...> wrote:
      > Monkey swinging from
      > branch to branch,
      >
      > till
      > one day,
      >
      > for no reason,
      > just lets go.
      >
      > Mind,
      > No-Mind --
      >
      > fists full of air.

      So, is it a road-runner ending with a coyote-style splat,
      or does the monkey land on its feet? Mind or no-mind, monkeys
      don't just hang out in mid-air, no matter how empty their
      grips on the branches. :)

      Here's a variation on the swinging monkey metaphor:

      That the monkey must keep moving to swing from vine to
      vine. What is also required, is for the current vine to
      be let-go-of, in order to swing into the full pendulumic
      arc of the new vine.

      Always reading to shoot down a metaphor,
      pow pow,
      Nina

      Do you Yahoo!?