Memes

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2003
      Susan Blackmore
      Department of Psychology
      University of the West of England
      Bristol BS16 2JP

      Wake up! Wake up!
      Errrr, ummmm, grrrrggr, Oh yes, I'm awake now. Wow, that was a weird dream.
      I really thought I had to escape from the slurb, and it mattered terribly to get to the cupboard in time. How silly! Of course, now I see it wasn't real at all.
      Wake up! Wake up!
      What do you mean, "wake up", I'm already awake. This is real. This does matter. I can't wake up any more. Go away!
      Wake up! Wake up!

      But I don't understand - From what? And how?
      These are the questions I want to tackle today. From what are we to awaken? And how?

      My answers will be "From the meme dream" and "By seeing that it is a meme dream".

      But it may take me some time to explain!

      There is a long history, in spiritual and religious traditions..............