Journal Entry - October 04 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Oct 6, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: October 04
      Time: 08:45 a.m.
      Duration: 53 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - Two candles
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Bergamot+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Experience: Fair Session. Back to basics?

      Result: Still not resolved.

      Tried repeating yesterday's action of tracking inner sounds as they
      surfaced. The first one or two came as usual - then a complete blank. Felt
      as if I was being shut out. I waited for a very long time but the flow of
      inner sounds did not come.

      I tried a "jump start" with a set of "special" ;-) thoughts. This did the
      trick of triggering a flood of thoughts and inner sounds related to the
      "special" activity. However, after the thoughts subsided, I went back to an
      absence of inner sounds - an absence of the usual flow of inner sounds. I
      tried a second jump start but got the same result.

      Decided to go back to basics. Reverted to physical relaxation and simply
      wallowed in the peace of relaxation and extended periods of non-thought.
      Flooded my body with healing signals to help my body recover from
      yesterday's long gym session.

      Although I could not resolve yesterday's results, I could at least enjoy a
      refreshing period of calm. Maybe its time to suspend the experiments and go
      back to basics for a few days?
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....