RE: [Meditation Society of America] Journal Entry - October 05 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Oct 6, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: October 05
      Time: 09:10 a.m.
      Duration: 75 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - Two candles
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Bergamot+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Medium.
      Waves of bliss: One - slight.
      Experience: Very Good Session. Back to Basics.

      Result: Feeling very good - reluctant to end.

      After I started my session I found myself reading a magazine. This felt very
      odd - reading a magazine 'within' your meditation. Saw a tee shirt in the
      magazine. I 'pulled' the tee shirt out of the magazine and tried it on. (All
      very strange). Decided that anything was OK during this phase of my session
      and going back to basics meant no judgment or intervention.

      Relaxed into a very good session of good physical relaxation, normal inner
      sounds activity and a deeper level of meditation. Learnt the important
      lesson of being a watcher or observer of what is happening rather than
      trying to manipulate the session. Felt very good. Had a slight wave of
      bliss. Very reluctant to end the session.

      I have an interpretation of the magazine and tee shirt incident. I am
      currently on a weight loss program and I am making good progress. I guess I
      am anticipating the time I can read a magazine, see an clothing advert and
      buy a form fitting tee shirt I would feel comfortable wearing. Amazing how
      your mind uses visual images to project thoughts.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....