Re: [Meditation Society of America] Be Good To Yourself

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2002
      A most wonderful post, Sir Bob.

      I would like to add that when we meditate we look within not only to find forgiveness but to be forgiveness. At some point, like you say it is usually earlier than not, the meditator is confronted with their darker nature. This is an indication that we are learning to be honest with ourselves. After all, who should know better than us all the shitty things we've done. All the times we failed and felt miserable and alone.

      But when we fall into depression and despair, we can feel that we are alone with our pain and guilt. And it sucketh, yeah verily yeah. And we wonder just what the hell God is thinking of to create so much pain, misery and sorrow.

      Hell, a body can get so low that a jackhammer up the butt won't hardly cause a stir. A mumble, mabey, but hardly a stir.

      On the other hand a person can get so blissed out that sharp blows to the head won't hardly phase them. Cain't knock em off - they in hebben already. :-)

      Ever felt so low that you knew you had been cheated out of dying?
      Ever feel like all the butterflies and humming birds were just for you?
      Ever wonder what your pet is thinking?
      Do you think that something must be done about it all?
      If you could save the world, would you? If so, who for? Who from?
      Will someone please come and save the world?
      What if the world were saved and you missed it?
      Bummer.

      Suppose one fine day that you sit down to meditate or, say go for a walk, or perhaps just doing some chores around the place - BOOM - the big enchilada bonifide big E el numero Uno Awakening happens. That gauzy thin creation you thought was you gets parted and lo and behold there You are.

      Hey! You been There, or shall we say Here, before!
      Well well well.
      And so it goes.

      no heaven
      no hell
      just this
      abundance

      no matter who we are
      what we have done
      what we have left undone
      no matter how deeply we fear
      how gloriously we love,
      who are we when we forget
      that we are only life
      that we have only so many heartbeats
      so many days
      so many seconds
      that we are life's gift to itself

      no matter our mood our heart keeps on beating
      in great excitement our heart will knock against our ribs
      and life becomes so intense! ah.

      that greater self seekers hope to find
      is what is there, closer than those heartbeats

      oh yeah, on the road to finding out that you are already what you seek, develop a taste for irony. it will help. :-)

      Tea?
      Anyone?

      michael

      ps and classes on self love can be good for you. you gotta start somewhere.

    • Judi Rhodes
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2002
        But when we fall into depression and despair,

        *********
        I'm terribly depressed, check this out, there ought to be a law! :-)

        Judi