Re: words and stuff

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2002
      > Tony wrote:
      > >Do I have to read up on physics and semantics to converse with you?
      Jim wrote:
      Nah, but it would help if folks making physics and semantics
      assertions knew what they were talking about before they did it.

      Dear Jim,
      Don't you think that not even knowing how to spell the name of the
      person you are referring to could indicate that it is
      questionable if you yourself "knew what they were talking about
      before they did it." And in any event, just knowing the word
      "neurology" doesn't qualify you to do surgery on someone's brain.
      Tony used the word "energy", and you made this into a matter of
      semantics. His content deals very well with meditation and his use of
      'energy' was perfectly in context. We deal with meditation here, not
      going off on a side track just to show off what someone thinks are
      big words or profound statements (just to try to make themselves
      appear as wise or whatever adjective applies?). We're all trying to
      walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Methinks perhaps you're
      thinking too much (and meditating too little?). I do think that it's
      obvious that you are an intelligent guy, and if you get over that
      obstacle, you'll be well worth your weight in insights. Or, as Kir Li
      Molari suggests, you're just trying to teach us by example and humor
      how silly and distracting from real understanding intellectualization
      can be.
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
        Hi Bob,

        I think Jim has left the group...I am lost for words!

        ...Tony

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2002
          "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:> Hi Bob,

          > I think Jim has left the group...I am lost for words!
          >
          > ...Tony

          Dear Tony,
          Yes, Jim did drop out, but did not leave as quietly as it seems. He
          kept sending me email and we ended up exchanging views about 8 times.
          I kept saying that analysis of words is a distraction to meditators,
          and Jim continued insisting that since we use words in this group,
          that semantics are important. But you know what??? It's not worth
          talking about.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/