Re: Dealing With Life: It's all about comfort!

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 123 , Dec 4, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko" <onniko@y...> wrote:
      > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > You are right, Jody. Life naturally gravitates towards comfort. But
      > people often don't. Maybe, people are just trying to unlearn how to
      > be unnatural.

      Exactly Onnikoji!

      Culture sets up little gates and tolls in our lives' flow toward comfort.
      Some of these gates may be necessary in certain circumstances, many
      more are definitely not.

      The problem is that these gates become hooks for identity. We become
      the problems we perceive ourselves to have. Unlearning that identity
      seems to be the main action of spiritual practice when it happens well
      imo.

      --jody.
    • devi@pacific.net
      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 17, 2003
        > If you like the study of the mind, Eglaelin, You might try Georg
        > Feuerstein's translation and commentary on "Yoga Sutra" by
        Patanjali.
        > It is the basis of Raja Yoga. It is very systematic and well
        formed.

        > Love,
        > Bobby G.

        devi: i have it on order from the library, i've already read about
        four or five commentaries, most from indian scholors, i'm actually
        thinking about offering study groups in my area..