Re: Dealing With Life: It's all about comfort!

  • Onniko
    Message 1 of 123 , Dec 4 6:55 PM
      <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Eglaelin
      <eglaelin@y...> wrote:

      > [snip]
      >
      > > These are 'just' dictionary results. Personally,
      > > I will use the word happiness. I think maybe the
      > > reason that comfort sounds better for you is that
      > > it seems less like a striving instead of a
      > > seeking of the status. IMO, comfort is a word
      > > that seems to represent complacency instead of
      > > being active.
      >
      > You guys are reading me wrong. I'm using the word
      > comfort because it's the best description of the goal
      > of all life.
      >
      > All live strives for comfort. Comfort can be found in
      > happiness, security, being sated, pleasure, etc. Everything
      > life does is a search for comfort. All behavior boils
      > down to this one thing.
      >
      > I will contend that over 99% of those seeking enlightenment
      > are really only seeking the comfort they believe it will
      > bring. The operative term here is "believe."
      >
      > Comfort is the light that life follows at all times, just as a
      > plant's phototropism causes it to follow the sun.
      >
      > The sun represents comfort for the plant. It brings
      > food and vigor, and security that the seeds will be made.
      >
      > It's all about comfort folks. Every single thing that we do.
      >
      > There is no escape.
      >
      > --jody.

      You are right, Jody. Life naturally gravitates towards comfort. But
      people often don't. Maybe, people are just trying to unlearn how to
      be unnatural.
    • devi@pacific.net
      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 17 11:15 AM
        > If you like the study of the mind, Eglaelin, You might try Georg
        > Feuerstein's translation and commentary on "Yoga Sutra" by
        Patanjali.
        > It is the basis of Raja Yoga. It is very systematic and well
        formed.

        > Love,
        > Bobby G.

        devi: i have it on order from the library, i've already read about
        four or five commentaries, most from indian scholors, i'm actually
        thinking about offering study groups in my area..