Dealing With Life: It's all about comfort!

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 123 , Dec 4, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Eglaelin <eglaelin@y...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > These are 'just' dictionary results. Personally,
      > I will use the word happiness. I think maybe the
      > reason that comfort sounds better for you is that
      > it seems less like a striving instead of a
      > seeking of the status. IMO, comfort is a word
      > that seems to represent complacency instead of
      > being active.

      You guys are reading me wrong. I'm using the word
      comfort because it's the best description of the goal
      of all life.

      All live strives for comfort. Comfort can be found in
      happiness, security, being sated, pleasure, etc. Everything
      life does is a search for comfort. All behavior boils
      down to this one thing.

      I will contend that over 99% of those seeking enlightenment
      are really only seeking the comfort they believe it will
      bring. The operative term here is "believe."

      Comfort is the light that life follows at all times, just as a
      plant's phototropism causes it to follow the sun.

      The sun represents comfort for the plant. It brings
      food and vigor, and security that the seeds will be made.

      It's all about comfort folks. Every single thing that we do.

      There is no escape.

      --jody.
    • devi@pacific.net
      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 17, 2003
        > If you like the study of the mind, Eglaelin, You might try Georg
        > Feuerstein's translation and commentary on "Yoga Sutra" by
        Patanjali.
        > It is the basis of Raja Yoga. It is very systematic and well
        formed.

        > Love,
        > Bobby G.

        devi: i have it on order from the library, i've already read about
        four or five commentaries, most from indian scholors, i'm actually
        thinking about offering study groups in my area..