Current

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      Hi Everyone:

      It occurred to me in meditation today that current events are just
      that despite the time lag for impressions of the world to be logged
      into the brain and perception to occur.

      When I see a dog the dog is no longer in exactly the place it was
      because it takes some small time for the impression to form in the
      mind's eye. But that does not keep the impression of what is current
      from being current because the world is just a relative phenomenon
      anyway.

      It is the consciousness of that world, illusion or not, that is
      current and can be nothing else.

      When it is an impression from the mind like a thought, there is no
      feeling of currency associated with it. The feeling of currency is
      associated with the thought of "I am".

      But the currency is shortlived in the attention. The mind does not
      hold its impression of the current for long. That is why practice is
      reccommended. The ability to hold the mind on one object increases
      with practice.

      It is interesting to note that the word current also means a movement
      of energy. A person's current is simultaneously their spirit and the
      present moment.

      Love
      Bobby G.