Journal Entry - October 03 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Oct 3, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: October 03
      Time: 09:20 a.m.
      Duration: 49 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - Two candles
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Bergamot+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Medium - high.
      Waves of bliss: one - slight.
      Experience: Unusual Session. Very odd feelings and experiences.

      Result: Some things to resolve.

      Started slightly differently today. Normally I start by simply trying to
      relax and letting my mind do whatever it wants. I know from experience that
      I should not attempt to take control until I have reached a certain level of
      relaxation. Usually I enjoy the "show" my mind presents to me while I wait
      for the best time to take control.

      Today I focused on the emerging inner sounds. As I relaxed, I focused on the
      first inner sound. I noted its character and location. Then as successive
      sounds emerged I sort of tracked them. For instance I would say, that is a
      group of soft sounds coming from the back, lower, right part of my brain.

      Doing this had an unusual effect. It appeared to disrupt the normal flow of
      my meditation. The session felt more like being conscious during sleep than
      a meditation. Went through a stream of images and incidents and situations.
      It felt a little disturbing. I wondered how I could return to my normal
      meditation session.

      Instantly I was switched to what my normal meditation session should have
      been, at the point I normally would have reached. This felt very odd. I
      sensed that my normal meditation was taking place in another part of my mind
      and I was switched to that place.

      As I tried to make sense of all this I was "given" a small wave of bliss
      that seemed to say don't worry, its all part of the greater process. What
      felt disturbing for me was that it did not seem to matter what I did. I felt
      something greater was in control and all I could do was become more aware of
      it.

      The whole experience seemed to point to a dreaming process that takes place
      while you meditate. While your path in normal meditation is conscious
      control, the dream process sometimes interferes with images. However, both
      processes appear to be going on simultaneously and you can switch between
      them. It is all very odd. So much more seems to be happening than I
      realized.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....