Re: [Meditation Society of America] apperception? Sandeep

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003

      From: "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 11:20 AM
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] apperception? Sandeep

      > > At the same time, Bobby,...........it would be the same
      > Consciousness which would have manifested itself as
      an object or
      > objects which would appear to be the epitome of "himsa"
      and keep
      > crushing ants by the hundreds.
      > >
      > > I am
      one with all things
      > > in beauty, in ugliness
      > > for
      whatsoever is, there I am

      > > Not only in virtue
      > > but in sin too I am a partner:
      > > and not only heaven but hell
      too is mine.

      > > Buddha, Jesus, Lao tzu-
      > > it
      is easy to be their heir
      > > But Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
      > > They are also within me!
      > >
      > > no, not half- I AM THE
      WHOLE
      > > Whatsoever's is man's, is mine-
      > > flowers and
      thorns
      > > darkness as well as light
      > >
      > > And if
      nectar is mine, whose is poison?
      > > NECTAR AND POISON-BOTH ARE
      MINE

      > This is interesting to me on a personal basis right
      now.   I have
      > come to see those actions of mine  that I
      do not like, those thoughts
      > or memories that indicate weakness or mean
      spirited tendencies are
      > aspects of my psyche.
      >
      > I once
      thought of them as weaknesses or things that happen
      > occasionally but
      are not really me.  But they are as much really me
      > as the
      thoughtful caring person that I prefer to dwell on.  It is
      > more
      healthy to think of these traits as part of me than to think
      > that I am
      something different from them  and that sometimes I "fall
      > off the
      wagon" and do something out of character.  That is denial.

      Denial when seen, does not remain so,.........isn't it?:-)

      There is really no "on the wagon" or "off the wagon".

      There is just the speeding wagon,........sometimes bumpily, sometimes smoothly.

      The seeing of the speeding wagon,........is seeing that both the bump and the smoothness, are I.

      The suffering of the "wave" in the Ocean arises from the prevailing sense of being a "wave, an individual independent self.

      Because then it is oscillated between the heights of crest and the depths of troughs.

      The ecstasy and the agony.

      The serenity of the Ocean, is not in the absence of the oscillations, .......but in the seeing that both the crest and the trough,......both is nothing but the movement of itself.