Re: [Meditation Society of America] apperception? Sandeep

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
      > At the same time, Bobby,...........it would be the same
      Consciousness which would have manifested itself as an object or
      objects which would appear to be the epitome of "himsa" and keep
      crushing ants by the hundreds.

      > I am one with all things
      > in beauty, in ugliness
      > for whatsoever is, there I am
      >
      > Not only in virtue
      > but in sin too I am a partner:
      > and not only heaven but hell too is mine.
      >
      > Buddha, Jesus, Lao tzu-
      > it is easy to be their heir
      > But Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
      > They are also within me!
      >
      > no, not half- I AM THE WHOLE
      > Whatsoever's is man's, is mine-
      > flowers and thorns
      > darkness as well as light
      >
      > And if nectar is mine, whose is poison?
      > NECTAR AND POISON-BOTH ARE MINE

      This is interesting to me on a personal basis right now. I have
      come to see those actions of mine that I do not like, those thoughts
      or memories that indicate weakness or mean spirited tendencies are
      aspects of my psyche.

      I once thought of them as weaknesses or things that happen
      occasionally but are not really me. But they are as much really me
      as the thoughtful caring person that I prefer to dwell on. It is
      more healthy to think of these traits as part of me than to think
      that I am something different from them and that sometimes I "fall
      off the wagon" and do something out of character. That is denial.

      Love
      Bobby G.
      No, Karta is gone.
    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003

        > > At the same time, Bobby,...........it would be the same
        > Consciousness which would have manifested itself as
        an object or
        > objects which would appear to be the epitome of "himsa"
        and keep
        > crushing ants by the hundreds.
        > >
        > > I am
        one with all things
        > > in beauty, in ugliness
        > > for
        whatsoever is, there I am

        > > Not only in virtue
        > > but in sin too I am a partner:
        > > and not only heaven but hell
        too is mine.

        > > Buddha, Jesus, Lao tzu-
        > > it
        is easy to be their heir
        > > But Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
        > > They are also within me!
        > >
        > > no, not half- I AM THE
        WHOLE
        > > Whatsoever's is man's, is mine-
        > > flowers and
        thorns
        > > darkness as well as light
        > >
        > > And if
        nectar is mine, whose is poison?
        > > NECTAR AND POISON-BOTH ARE
        MINE

        > This is interesting to me on a personal basis right
        now.   I have
        > come to see those actions of mine  that I
        do not like, those thoughts
        > or memories that indicate weakness or mean
        spirited tendencies are
        > aspects of my psyche.
        >
        > I once
        thought of them as weaknesses or things that happen
        > occasionally but
        are not really me.  But they are as much really me
        > as the
        thoughtful caring person that I prefer to dwell on.  It is
        > more
        healthy to think of these traits as part of me than to think
        > that I am
        something different from them  and that sometimes I "fall
        > off the
        wagon" and do something out of character.  That is denial.

        Denial when seen, does not remain so,.........isn't it?:-)

        There is really no "on the wagon" or "off the wagon".

        There is just the speeding wagon,........sometimes bumpily, sometimes smoothly.

        The seeing of the speeding wagon,........is seeing that both the bump and the smoothness, are I.

        The suffering of the "wave" in the Ocean arises from the prevailing sense of being a "wave, an individual independent self.

        Because then it is oscillated between the heights of crest and the depths of troughs.

        The ecstasy and the agony.

        The serenity of the Ocean, is not in the absence of the oscillations, .......but in the seeing that both the crest and the trough,......both is nothing but the movement of itself.