Re: [Meditation Society of America] apperception? Sandeep

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003

      From: "texasbg2000" <Bigbobgraham@...>
      Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 11:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [Meditation Society of America] apperception? Sandeep

      face=Arial size=2>sandeepc@b...> wrote:

      href="http://www.the-covenant.net/rumb02.htm">http://www.the-covenant.net/rumb02.htm

      > Very nice Sandeep!  I enjoyed this very
      much.  And thank you for
      > taking the time to compile
      this.

      You are welcome

      > About the simultaneity of two particles
      separated in space.  Isn't
      > this like telepathy?

      Yes, as the Aspect experiments showed.

      > In practicing ahimsa I started to take note
      of the ants underfoot.
      > After trying to avoid them for some time
      in my walking meditations I
      > found that I would occasionally look down
      for ants and there would be
      > one on his way to exactly where my foot was
      headed.

      :-)
      Yes.
      The incidence of synchronicities, increases exponentially.

      > Soon I grew confident that I would never
      step on antother ant. I
      > communed with ants is one way to look at
      it.

      > I also imagined that Consciousness was one, and the
      presented thought
      > of "there is an ant down there" came into being in my
      mind in a
      > fashion some refer to as telepathy.

      At the same time, Bobby,...........it would be the same Consciousness which would have manifested itself as an object or objects which would appear to be the epitome of "himsa" and keep crushing ants by the hundreds.

      I am one with all things
      in beauty, in ugliness
      for whatsoever is, there I am
      Not only in virtue
      but in sin too I am a partner:
      and not only heaven but hell too is mine.
      Buddha, Jesus, Lao tzu-
      it is easy to be their heir
      But Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
      They are also within me!
      no, not half- I AM THE WHOLE
      Whatsoever's is man's, is mine-
      flowers and thorns
      darkness as well as light
      And if nectar is mine, whose is poison?
      NECTAR AND POISON-BOTH ARE MINE

       Space and time of course are not  relevant here.  But physicists don't really like that way of saying  it.

      Well it is amazing what is happening in the field of Science.
      There is far more convergence to spirituality in Science, today, than in the field of spirituality.

      Karta (I think she is on this List also) has recently posted elsewhere, an interview with Dr Amit Goswami, (A professor of physics at the University of Oregon and a member of its Institute of Theoretical Science

      From that interview,...... "that the universe, in order to exist, requires a conscious sentient being to be aware of it. Without an observer, he claims, it only exists as a possibility. And as they say in the world of science, Goswami has done his math. Marshalling evidence from recent research in cognitive psychology, biology, parapsychology and quantum physics, and leaning heavily on the ancient mystical traditions of the world, Goswami is building a case for a new paradigm that he calls "monistic idealism," the view that consciousness, not matter, is the foundation of everything that is.

      He has written a book  The Self-Aware Universe: How Consciousness Creates the Material World.

    • texasbg2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
        > At the same time, Bobby,...........it would be the same
        Consciousness which would have manifested itself as an object or
        objects which would appear to be the epitome of "himsa" and keep
        crushing ants by the hundreds.

        > I am one with all things
        > in beauty, in ugliness
        > for whatsoever is, there I am
        >
        > Not only in virtue
        > but in sin too I am a partner:
        > and not only heaven but hell too is mine.
        >
        > Buddha, Jesus, Lao tzu-
        > it is easy to be their heir
        > But Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
        > They are also within me!
        >
        > no, not half- I AM THE WHOLE
        > Whatsoever's is man's, is mine-
        > flowers and thorns
        > darkness as well as light
        >
        > And if nectar is mine, whose is poison?
        > NECTAR AND POISON-BOTH ARE MINE

        This is interesting to me on a personal basis right now. I have
        come to see those actions of mine that I do not like, those thoughts
        or memories that indicate weakness or mean spirited tendencies are
        aspects of my psyche.

        I once thought of them as weaknesses or things that happen
        occasionally but are not really me. But they are as much really me
        as the thoughtful caring person that I prefer to dwell on. It is
        more healthy to think of these traits as part of me than to think
        that I am something different from them and that sometimes I "fall
        off the wagon" and do something out of character. That is denial.

        Love
        Bobby G.
        No, Karta is gone.
      • Sandeep
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003

          > > At the same time, Bobby,...........it would be the same
          > Consciousness which would have manifested itself as
          an object or
          > objects which would appear to be the epitome of "himsa"
          and keep
          > crushing ants by the hundreds.
          > >
          > > I am
          one with all things
          > > in beauty, in ugliness
          > > for
          whatsoever is, there I am

          > > Not only in virtue
          > > but in sin too I am a partner:
          > > and not only heaven but hell
          too is mine.

          > > Buddha, Jesus, Lao tzu-
          > > it
          is easy to be their heir
          > > But Genghis, Taimur and Hitler?
          > > They are also within me!
          > >
          > > no, not half- I AM THE
          WHOLE
          > > Whatsoever's is man's, is mine-
          > > flowers and
          thorns
          > > darkness as well as light
          > >
          > > And if
          nectar is mine, whose is poison?
          > > NECTAR AND POISON-BOTH ARE
          MINE

          > This is interesting to me on a personal basis right
          now.   I have
          > come to see those actions of mine  that I
          do not like, those thoughts
          > or memories that indicate weakness or mean
          spirited tendencies are
          > aspects of my psyche.
          >
          > I once
          thought of them as weaknesses or things that happen
          > occasionally but
          are not really me.  But they are as much really me
          > as the
          thoughtful caring person that I prefer to dwell on.  It is
          > more
          healthy to think of these traits as part of me than to think
          > that I am
          something different from them  and that sometimes I "fall
          > off the
          wagon" and do something out of character.  That is denial.

          Denial when seen, does not remain so,.........isn't it?:-)

          There is really no "on the wagon" or "off the wagon".

          There is just the speeding wagon,........sometimes bumpily, sometimes smoothly.

          The seeing of the speeding wagon,........is seeing that both the bump and the smoothness, are I.

          The suffering of the "wave" in the Ocean arises from the prevailing sense of being a "wave, an individual independent self.

          Because then it is oscillated between the heights of crest and the depths of troughs.

          The ecstasy and the agony.

          The serenity of the Ocean, is not in the absence of the oscillations, .......but in the seeing that both the crest and the trough,......both is nothing but the movement of itself.