Re: the truth/Freyjartist

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Andy"
      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
      > <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
      >

      > > Well, I have noticed for myself that when there is no
      > > desire to change anyone or find flaws in
      > > what they are saying, there is less desire
      > > to tell them 'about' it, but rather more leaning to
      > > allowing the interactions of life to speak for themselves.
      >

      > *****Perhaps the "telling about it" is simply a variant of
      > the "interaction of life", another way it expresses itself?

      Are you asking that question because you have doubts that
      that is what it is?

      No, no doubts.  Just noticing an inclusion.

      > > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
      > > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
      > > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
      > > >
      > > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
      > > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
      > > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
      >

      > > Somehow the
      discussion seems a bit different
      > > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
      > > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
      >

      > *****Not on this end. All that happens here is a reaching out,
      > where such reaching is wished desired. Otherwise...silence.

      When you say "all that happens here...." it sounds
      like "challenging" is somehow less desirable.

      To me, it is less desirable.

      In my lexicon, "challenge" includes an suggestion of confrontation, something in which I find no pleasure.

      There is a preference here for shared examination, exploration, inquiry and not for notional debates.  Just as there is a disposition here for tolerance (as opposed to intolerance).

      Just the current programming in Andy.

      > > I am not saying this is a 'bad' thing.
      > > When we dialogue, we bounce things off each other
      > > and if we are moved to witness neutrally
      > > what still has the potential to stick, what stings, what
      > > bruises...all opportunities to deepen inquiry.
      >

      > *****True dialogue reduces to a monologue. We end up speaking
      > to our self. There is no sense of separation at such moments.
      > Only communion.

      Dialogue is always really monologue, whether
      there is awareness of it or not.

      Yes!  Good point.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • carolina112900
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2003
        <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Andy"
        > <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
        > > --- In
        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
        > > <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > Somehow the discussion seems a bit different
        > > > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
        > > > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
        > >

        > > *****Not on this end. All that happens here is a reaching out,
        > > where such reaching is wished desired. Otherwise...silence.
        > >

        > When you say "all that happens here...." it sounds
        > like "challenging" is somehow less desirable.
        >

        > To me, it is less desirable.
        >
        > In my lexicon, "challenge" includes an suggestion of confrontation,
        something in which I find no pleasure.

        ......To me, 'challenge' mostly suggests 'stimulating situation'--
        perhaps including an atmosphere where I might be asked
        to explain, support, give evidence of or justify
        something.

        > There is a preference here for shared examination, exploration,
        inquiry and not for notional debates. Just as there is a disposition
        here for tolerance (as opposed to intolerance).

        > Just the current programming in Andy.

        OK