Journal Entry December 01; 2003 - Tony

  • tosime
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2003
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: December 01 2003
      Time: 06:30 a.m.
      Duration: 30 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - Hands on knees
      - Index finger touching thumb
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - One candle
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
      Pre-session:
      - Full body stretch (3 times).
      - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
      Mind Chatter: Low
      Waves of bliss: None
      Experience: Fair Session. Focused on preparation

      Result: Quiet relaxed session - not as satisfying as other sessions.

      Saw preparation for meditation as a form of mediation. I need to avoid
      making it too complicated since the real purpose is the inner
      preparation as my mind and body get ready for the session.

      Noticed how each meditation experience reflected my physical state. If
      my physical state changed, the meditation experience would be different.
      My physical state moved through distinct stages of relaxation. Have a
      sense that the experiences at deeper stages of relaxation are "purer"
      since they have much les influence from my physical state.

      Good insight from previous session helped today as dwelt less on each
      passing thought.

      Question: What is the influence on meditation of keeping and sharing a
      meditation journal?
    • Onniko
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: December 01 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 06:30 a.m.
        > Duration: 30 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > - Index finger touching thumb
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Fair Session. Focused on preparation
        >
        > Result: Quiet relaxed session - not as satisfying as other
        sessions.

        > Saw preparation for meditation as a form of mediation. I need to
        avoid
        > making it too complicated since the real purpose is the inner
        > preparation as my mind and body get ready for the session.
        >
        > Noticed how each meditation experience reflected my physical
        state. If
        > my physical state changed, the meditation experience would be
        different.
        > My physical state moved through distinct stages of relaxation.
        Have a
        > sense that the experiences at deeper stages of relaxation
        are "purer"
        > since they have much les influence from my physical state.
        >
        > Good insight from previous session helped today as dwelt less on
        each
        > passing thought.
        >
        > Question: What is the influence on meditation of keeping and
        sharing a
        > meditation journal?

        What a good question! A long time ago, I kept journals and they did
        do something and it was a good thing they did but I can't place
        exactly what it was. Maybe, it is somehow related to the way the
        athlete is said to improve what he does just by going over it in his
        mind.