Re: [Meditation Society of America] Dealing with 'others'.......

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hi Freyja,

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 10:03 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Dealing with 'others'.......

      Sandeep wrote in a dialogue with Charles:

      "we will deal with 'others' after we deal with the self  :-)"

      The deeper I have gotten into
      my own limiting beliefs and stories--
      (thoughts "about" the way things are,
      rather than simply what IS, the way they really are)
      the less I worry about what 'others'  are doing.
      Absolutely.
      The equation is clear.

      An investment in the self, is directly the investment in the "other".

      It's only an ego which cognizes an ego in the other.

      It seems like when I drop a story line
      about what concerns me about 'them', or
      what I think they are doing wrong,
      I cannot see any faults with 'them'!
      Fault, is just impossible in the architecture of Totality.

      Which does not in any way hinder, carrying a dying body, rushing across 5 streets, to the nearest source of medical help.

      I wouldn't even call it 'accepting' them
      the way they are, because there is nothing
      to accept.    It is more about
      the fact that it becomes so
      obvious that every reaction of mine illicits
      exactly the response that it solicits.
      LOL

      illicitation<======>solicitation.

      The initiating input--->reaction -----> response to the reaction,................this is happening all the time,.....so long the two/multiple instruments in question, are "alive".

      Along with this let's say,... primary functioning, ........there is a secondary functioning, that of the individual investments, in the reaction and in the response.

      And hence the ado of the secondary functioning.

      Whether that ado has got silenced or is thriving at it's best,..............the primary functioning, continues in the moment, moment to moment to moment.

      All issues, whether they are coloured as a seeking for a system of ethical behaviour, or whatever camouflaging device used,....

      .....is the ado of the secondary functioning.

      And is nothing but the ado, of a rooster, agonizing the whole night, as to whether it will be able to get up in time, in the morning, to crow the sun to rise.

      And so, it really does becomes like there is no 'them'--
      just parts of one big "I".......

      Not even parts, Freyja, for that would lend them some semblence of independent existence.

      Pieces of a jigsaw puzzle,......which independently have an existence and then come together to form the total picture.

      The part is the very Whole, complete.

      The "wave" in the cup of your hand,.......is the Ocean.

      The dreamed-up Freyja, struggling with issues in a dream-sequence,........is nothing but the dreaming Freya, lying blissfully in a Noor Jahan bed.

      The immanence and the simultaneous transcendence.