Re: Dealing With Life Meditations/Eglaelin

  • alienprobemaster
    Message 1 of 123 , Nov 30 7:30 PM
      I asked a Mountain Climber wich has treveled the world to climb
      verious mountains, she lives here in my town, she likes to come to my
      internet cafe and send of e-mails. So I asked her:

      "Now tell me, wat do you actual gain out of the experience to climb
      al these mountains, is all mountains not the same as the other"

      Uuu no, it is not only about the experience of climbing mountains but
      also the Freedom that you get out of it.

      "Ok, this is getting interesting, tell me if I flash the word "Death"
      or "Hurt" to you, how does it evect your experience and freedom by
      climbing a mountain"

      Many asked me that one, I will say that every moment I undure,
      including pain and also a posible near death experience, I just love
      it, it makes me feel more complete aaaa wats the word for it ...

      "You meen capable of doing something with the leest possible
      issitance from stuff as technology while still at risk of you well
      being, that is called challenged"

      Yea thats the word.

      "Hehe, I see you suffer with your English a bit I know you are
      Afrikaans, how so when you have travel world wide and met so many

      It is more in the fact of who I travel with than who I meet, usually
      my husband does all the talking.

      "You say you travel in a party, tell me more how it feels to be at
      this freedom when people does it with you"

      O it is just great to know that there is atleast some1 in the world
      who has the same interest.

      "Mmmm, because of the interest that the hole party has, can you
      define that you trust them more, like I say, to you climbing a
      mountain is chop chop work with other people, to me it is more like
      following a person into hell"

      It is not that some1 asked me to do it, but yes I can say that it
      does have a evect to my trust when I even climb with a total stranger
      or professional.

      "Is that a positive trust or negetive trust, do you feel more freedom
      when you for instance chat with some1 that also shares same interest."

      Positive trust ofcoarse. Well not really more freedom from just
      chating with some1, I think it is like gaining more respect for that
      person, but it does reach it's top point when we actually climbed
      some big mountain.

      "Aaaaa so I see that even comen interest has an evect on trust, now
      my last question is, wat is actually trigering this feel of freedom,
      is it more like to just eskape every day live."

      Ya, for all the time that I worked so hard, both at my job, aerning
      money, children and everything, and all this just to go over seas to
      climb a mountain.

      "Ok, thanx for the time to chat with you, I now understand your
      insight of freedom, and o dont worry about your PC time, I will reset
      it for you"

      So now we can see that not only experience drives a person to do the
      unspeakable to get to comfort and luxury, but also Freedom, the
      curious mind and stress itself. Amazing, is'nt it ?

      State of Mind Now: To be, or not to be, that is the question.

    • devi@pacific.net
      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 17, 2003
        > If you like the study of the mind, Eglaelin, You might try Georg
        > Feuerstein's translation and commentary on "Yoga Sutra" by
        > It is the basis of Raja Yoga. It is very systematic and well
        > Love,
        > Bobby G.

        devi: i have it on order from the library, i've already read about
        four or five commentaries, most from indian scholors, i'm actually
        thinking about offering study groups in my area..