Re: the truth

  • Eglaelin
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30 10:51 AM
      <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > Hey Freyja.
      >
      > I'd say that everyone thinks they know what leads to truth
      > *based* on what they've come to know of the truth, or what
      > they've decided to believe about the truth.
      >
      > That is, each unique 'path' to the truth *becomes* their
      > truth, and they attempt to offer the benefits of their
      > understanding to others. Whether or not it is of benefit
      > to anyone is questionable, but that doesn't stop 'em from
      > telling us about it, does it? I know it won't stop me. ;)
      >
      > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
      > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
      > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
      >
      > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
      > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
      > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
      >
      > And this is what makes the meditationsocietyofamerica
      > go round, is it not?
      >
      > --jody.

      This is the "truth" of the matter. I think this sums up the entire
      process most succintly. Each of us has our own place within the space-
      time continuum and can only relate to others from our own point of
      view.
      In the end, I think, what matters most is the exchange of ideas and
      visions. That is the wonderful part of the philosophy of I.D.I.C.
      (Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combination). Each person in this
      discussion holds a point of view that may be of benefit to the other.
      It is not necessary to change the minds of those we meet. When we
      embrace the diversity of each communicant within the discussion it
      enables us to converse without discrimination.
      However, this is just my point of view within the dialogue
      I, for one, come from a thinking process that is related to the
      Stoics of Ancient Greece.

      Peace On Your Path,
      Eglaelin

      They (Hellenic Philosphers) saw the philosopher as a compassionate
      physician whose arts could heal many pervasive types of human
      suffering. They practiced philosophy not as a detached intellectual
      technique dedicated to the display of cleverness but as an immersed
      and worldly art of grappling with human misery.
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30 11:34 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Eglaelin" <eglaelin@y...>
        wrote:
        > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > > Hey Freyja.
        > >
        > > I'd say that everyone thinks they know what leads to truth
        > > *based* on what they've come to know of the truth, or what
        > > they've decided to believe about the truth.
        > >
        > > That is, each unique 'path' to the truth *becomes* their
        > > truth, and they attempt to offer the benefits of their
        > > understanding to others. Whether or not it is of benefit
        > > to anyone is questionable, but that doesn't stop 'em from
        > > telling us about it, does it? I know it won't stop me. ;)
        > >
        > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
        > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
        > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
        > >
        > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
        > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
        > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
        > >
        > > And this is what makes the meditationsocietyofamerica
        > > go round, is it not?
        > >
        > > --jody.
        >
        > This is the "truth" of the matter. I think this sums up the entire
        > process most succintly. Each of us has our own place within the space-
        > time continuum and can only relate to others from our own point of
        > view.

        As long as we are able to see that our own point of view, and in fact
        all points of view are illusory from the regard of who we all actually are,
        we should remain good to go.

        [snip]
      • alienprobemaster
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30 1:50 PM
          The way that I think leads to truth is "experience" and "trust", I
          actually stoped the way of believing, all it got me in is trouble.
          Let us put it this way, which one is the most powerfull, Believing in
          God or Trusting God. The thing about trusting something is you must
          rathel around with that current something to gain experience. Lets
          take your Mother for instance. Do you believe or trust your mother,
          heck you trust her (Not that everybody had a wonderfull mother
          experience), although it is not a perfect trust, why ? Because you
          ratheled with her on your life path, you loved her, you hated her,
          you made friends with her, you made enemies with her, you shared with
          her, and you struggeled with her to see what she is capable of and
          her manner of handeling things, to see wat is perfect and not
          perfect, and to see if you must or must not trust all info you can
          gather from and about her, this is because of your experiences with
          her. This is the way to be able to trust something, including Jesus
          Crist or God. I for instance trust thinking, because I dont have any
          other choice in that matter without it you will be nothing, but who
          is to say there is not something other that helps you beyond thinking.

          Take Andy and Judy, they are not only sharing, contrasting, and
          comparing their stories, they are also ratheling each other,
          experiencing each other, to see what parts to Trust (or believe as
          most people stil do) from each other.

          Uhhh now one other thing that I find from some pll is that they don't
          have Open Trust, or they bend trust like hell. In other words they
          dont want to share anything at all. Like this other female friend I
          have (Actually I forced her in a way to be friends with me),
          according to her mother, she does not want to exist at all. Not in
          any dimention. I mean she just sit month after month after month at
          home, not wanting anything to do with other people or actually life
          (OK, wait a second, I know what you are about to say, you are gonna
          say "but that is her path of life", as a matter of fact I dont trust
          that path of life stuff in everything, in all the infinite
          posibilities of infinite condition of invinite moments of invinite
          styles of intelligence, why does it always have to be path of live).
          But anywho, at that instance I already knew this girl, because I was
          like that aswell (via experience). First thing I saw is that she
          sometimes walk in circles around abjects and playing music at the
          same time, at this moment I knew she was fantasizing about everthingh
          she is missing in the outside world. So know I knew she has urges
          that wants to come out, but she does not want it to come out(cause
          she does not experience in the living world, only in the mind, which
          is pretty bad). And I also know she is thinking(Meditating) which is
          being tramendously inhanced by her urges. Now I can beging cracking
          that border she setted up. Here is the thing that I did to gain major
          access to her attention :

          H = Her M = Me
          M:So wazzup, got anything new to tell me. H:No, not much, mesa dont
          feel good today. M:Ooo realy, so I noticed, you wanna go somewhere in
          town today. H:Nha, I'm not interested in going out. M:Ooooo really,
          but your interested in sex are'nt you. H:What ?!? (She got agetated
          almost instantly), no I am not !!!!. M: Ooooo yes you are. H: Then
          prove it!!! M: OK please climb of your PC then. H: Why ?! M: Because
          I wanna prove it. H: How about NO! M: Oooo i thought you are the one
          not avraid of anything, avraid i might find something.

          Eventually she climbed of her PC, this was the first stage, her
          adrinalin pomping faster then the speed of light, while I seach
          for .mpg ang other file formats. And I hit gold that day, almost 60
          Gigabyte worth of Porn. From that moment I discovered it, her
          emotions burts open like flames, and I knew how it felt like for her.
          Instantly, discontent (not fear, i asked her about that) turned into
          somthing she wanted, she sat on my lap and huged me tight, crying
          over my sholder. And then she asked me: H: Can we go out today M:How
          so, I thought that you where not interested H:It is because you are
          the only one I can trust now.

          Now the reason I am telling you this story above, is to show you how
          I trusted my experience. And the other thing is, believe could not
          reason with her, it was a mere wisper to her. Trust eventually got
          through to the trugth inside of her. Trust is much more powerfull
          than believe, cause you dont need to believe to do it. Don't take my
          word for it, take her's, she is my girlfriend today.

          Mmm, I hope I did not foreget anything, just incase, there is also
          much more to read at this website over here:
          http://www.barnett.sk/software/sos/osho/osho-talks/art03.htm

          State of Mind Now: The path of live can not be driven without trust.

          wrote:
          > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > > Hey Freyja.
          > >
          > > I'd say that everyone thinks they know what leads to truth
          > > *based* on what they've come to know of the truth, or what
          > > they've decided to believe about the truth.
          > >
          > > That is, each unique 'path' to the truth *becomes* their
          > > truth, and they attempt to offer the benefits of their
          > > understanding to others. Whether or not it is of benefit
          > > to anyone is questionable, but that doesn't stop 'em from
          > > telling us about it, does it? I know it won't stop me. ;)
          > >
          > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
          > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
          > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
          > >
          > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
          > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
          > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
          > >
          > > And this is what makes the meditationsocietyofamerica
          > > go round, is it not?
          > >
          > > --jody.
          >
          > This is the "truth" of the matter. I think this sums up the entire
          > process most succintly. Each of us has our own place within the
          space-
          > time continuum and can only relate to others from our own point of
          > view.

          As long as we are able to see that our own point of view, and in fact
          all points of view are illusory from the regard of who we all
          actually are,
          we should remain good to go.
        • carolina112900
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30 1:53 PM
            wrote:
            > > <<To me, there is something utterly tragic in this, and most all
            > > the other aspects of spiritual culture, a great deal of which
            > > serves to occlude the truth rather than reveal it in my opinion.
            > >
            > > --jody.>>
            > >

            > > After reading the dialogues you had with Charles,
            > > I cannot see how this statement here is different
            > > than anything Charles has said.
            > >
            > > Everybody thinks they know what leads
            > > to........the truth.
            > >
            > > love,
            > >
            > > Freyja
            >
            > Hey Freyja.
            >
            > I'd say that everyone thinks they know what leads to truth
            > *based* on what they've come to know of the truth, or what
            > they've decided to believe about the truth.
            >
            > That is, each unique 'path' to the truth *becomes* their
            > truth, and they attempt to offer the benefits of their
            > understanding to others. Whether or not it is of benefit
            > to anyone is questionable, but that doesn't stop 'em from
            > telling us about it, does it? I know it won't stop me. ;)

            Well, I have noticed for myself that when there is no
            desire to change anyone or find flaws in
            what they are saying, there is less desire
            to tell them 'about' it, but rather more leaning to
            allowing the interactions of life to speak for themselves.

            > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
            > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
            > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
            >
            > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
            > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
            > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.

            Somehow the discussion seems a bit different
            than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
            in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
            I am not saying this is a 'bad' thing.
            When we dialogue, we bounce things off each other
            and if we are moved to witness neutrally
            what still has the potential to stick, what stings, what
            bruises...all opportunities to deepen inquiry.

            > And this is what makes the meditationsocietyofamerica
            > go round, is it not?

            If you say so, jodyji!

            freyja
            > --jody.
          • jodyrrr
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 30 3:49 PM
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
              <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
              > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, freyjartist@a...
              > wrote:
              > > > <<To me, there is something utterly tragic in this, and most all
              > > > the other aspects of spiritual culture, a great deal of which
              > > > serves to occlude the truth rather than reveal it in my opinion.
              > > >
              > > > --jody.>>
              > > >

              > > > After reading the dialogues you had with Charles,
              > > > I cannot see how this statement here is different
              > > > than anything Charles has said.
              > > >
              > > > Everybody thinks they know what leads
              > > > to........the truth.
              > > >
              > > > love,
              > > >
              > > > Freyja
              > >
              > > Hey Freyja.
              > >
              > > I'd say that everyone thinks they know what leads to truth
              > > *based* on what they've come to know of the truth, or what
              > > they've decided to believe about the truth.
              > >
              > > That is, each unique 'path' to the truth *becomes* their
              > > truth, and they attempt to offer the benefits of their
              > > understanding to others. Whether or not it is of benefit
              > > to anyone is questionable, but that doesn't stop 'em from
              > > telling us about it, does it? I know it won't stop me. ;)
              > >

              > Well, I have noticed for myself that when there is no
              > desire to change anyone or find flaws in
              > what they are saying, there is less desire
              > to tell them 'about' it, but rather more leaning to
              > allowing the interactions of life to speak for themselves.

              Understood. However, in the province of this person Jody
              there is a burning desire to note and describe the various
              occluding aspects of spiritual ideology that Jody himself
              came up against during his search. Hence my back
              and forth over the same issues over and over. ;)

              > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
              > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
              > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
              > >
              > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
              > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
              > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
              > >

              > Somehow the discussion seems a bit different
              > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
              > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
              > I am not saying this is a 'bad' thing.
              > When we dialogue, we bounce things off each other
              > and if we are moved to witness neutrally
              > what still has the potential to stick, what stings, what
              > bruises...all opportunities to deepen inquiry.

              Exactly. It is somewhat competitive, at least on my part,
              as my personality structure is somewhat competitive anyway.

              However, I have come to value and appreciate those times
              when I feel I've been one-upped much, much more than
              those times I believe I hold the higher ground.

              That is, I'm usually looking for a butt-kicking, and when
              I get one I'm usually much better off because of it.

              > > And this is what makes the meditationsocietyofamerica
              > > go round, is it not?
              > >

              > If you say so, jodyji!
              >
              > freyja
              > > --jody.

              Uhhhh... at least for me at any rate.

              --jody.
            • Andy
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30 6:08 PM
                <freyjartist@a...> wrote:

                > Well, I have noticed for myself that when there is no
                > desire to change anyone or find flaws in
                > what they are saying, there is less desire
                > to tell them 'about' it, but rather more leaning to
                > allowing the interactions of life to speak for themselves.

                *****Perhaps the "telling about it" is simply a variant of
                the "interaction of life", another way it expresses itself?

                > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
                > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
                > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
                > >
                > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
                > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
                > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.

                > Somehow the discussion seems a bit different
                > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
                > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.

                *****Not on this end. All that happens here is a reaching out, where
                such reaching is wished desired. Otherwise...silence.

                > I am not saying this is a 'bad' thing.
                > When we dialogue, we bounce things off each other
                > and if we are moved to witness neutrally
                > what still has the potential to stick, what stings, what
                > bruises...all opportunities to deepen inquiry.

                *****True dialogue reduces to a monologue. We end up speaking to our
                self. There is no sense of separation at such moments. Only
                communion.
              • carolina112900
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30 7:43 PM
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Andy"
                  <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
                  > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
                  > <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Well, I have noticed for myself that when there is no
                  > > desire to change anyone or find flaws in
                  > > what they are saying, there is less desire
                  > > to tell them 'about' it, but rather more leaning to
                  > > allowing the interactions of life to speak for themselves.
                  >

                  > *****Perhaps the "telling about it" is simply a variant of
                  > the "interaction of life", another way it expresses itself?

                  Are you asking that question because you have doubts that
                  that is what it is?

                  I was speaking for myself. I said,
                  I have noticed, *for myself*

                  > > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
                  > > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
                  > > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
                  > > >
                  > > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
                  > > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
                  > > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
                  >

                  > > Somehow the discussion seems a bit different
                  > > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
                  > > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
                  >

                  > *****Not on this end. All that happens here is a reaching out,
                  where
                  > such reaching is wished desired. Otherwise...silence.

                  When you say "all that happens here...." it sounds
                  like "challenging" is somehow less desirable.

                  > > I am not saying this is a 'bad' thing.
                  > > When we dialogue, we bounce things off each other
                  > > and if we are moved to witness neutrally
                  > > what still has the potential to stick, what stings, what
                  > > bruises...all opportunities to deepen inquiry.
                  >

                  > *****True dialogue reduces to a monologue. We end up speaking to
                  our
                  > self. There is no sense of separation at such moments. Only
                  > communion.

                  Dialogue is always really monologue, whether
                  there is awareness of it or not.
                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 30 8:01 PM
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
                    <freyjartist@a...> wrote:

                    [snip]

                    > Dialogue is always really monologue, whether
                    > there is awareness of it or not.

                    That's one for the wall. :)
                  • Andy
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 1, 2003
                      <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
                      > --- In
                      meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
                      > <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
                      >

                      > > Well, I have noticed for myself that when there is no
                      > > desire to change anyone or find flaws in
                      > > what they are saying, there is less desire
                      > > to tell them 'about' it, but rather more leaning to
                      > > allowing the interactions of life to speak for themselves.
                      >

                      > *****Perhaps the "telling about it" is simply a variant of
                      > the "interaction of life", another way it expresses itself?

                      Are you asking that question because you have doubts that
                      that is what it is?

                      No, no doubts.  Just noticing an inclusion.

                      > > > Andy and Jody are sharing, contrasting, and comparing
                      > > > their stories right now. Seeing as they've decided to hold
                      > > > differing POVs, there's a lot of contrast being noted.
                      > > >
                      > > > As a result, a discussion ensues, as each of us appears
                      > > > to be trying to get the other to see it our way, when in
                      > > > fact, they're just two ways held by two people.
                      >

                      > > Somehow the
                      discussion seems a bit different
                      > > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
                      > > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
                      >

                      > *****Not on this end. All that happens here is a reaching out,
                      > where such reaching is wished desired. Otherwise...silence.

                      When you say "all that happens here...." it sounds
                      like "challenging" is somehow less desirable.

                      To me, it is less desirable.

                      In my lexicon, "challenge" includes an suggestion of confrontation, something in which I find no pleasure.

                      There is a preference here for shared examination, exploration, inquiry and not for notional debates.  Just as there is a disposition here for tolerance (as opposed to intolerance).

                      Just the current programming in Andy.

                      > > I am not saying this is a 'bad' thing.
                      > > When we dialogue, we bounce things off each other
                      > > and if we are moved to witness neutrally
                      > > what still has the potential to stick, what stings, what
                      > > bruises...all opportunities to deepen inquiry.
                      >

                      > *****True dialogue reduces to a monologue. We end up speaking
                      > to our self. There is no sense of separation at such moments.
                      > Only communion.

                      Dialogue is always really monologue, whether
                      there is awareness of it or not.

                      Yes!  Good point.

                      Do you Yahoo!?
                    • carolina112900
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 1, 2003
                        <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
                        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Andy"
                        > <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
                        > > --- In
                        meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
                        > > <freyjartist@a...> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > > Somehow the discussion seems a bit different
                        > > > than simply 'comparing notes' or sharing recipes,
                        > > > in that there seems to be some challenging going on.
                        > >

                        > > *****Not on this end. All that happens here is a reaching out,
                        > > where such reaching is wished desired. Otherwise...silence.
                        > >

                        > When you say "all that happens here...." it sounds
                        > like "challenging" is somehow less desirable.
                        >

                        > To me, it is less desirable.
                        >
                        > In my lexicon, "challenge" includes an suggestion of confrontation,
                        something in which I find no pleasure.

                        ......To me, 'challenge' mostly suggests 'stimulating situation'--
                        perhaps including an atmosphere where I might be asked
                        to explain, support, give evidence of or justify
                        something.

                        > There is a preference here for shared examination, exploration,
                        inquiry and not for notional debates. Just as there is a disposition
                        here for tolerance (as opposed to intolerance).

                        > Just the current programming in Andy.

                        OK