[Meditation Society of America] Re: Dealing With Life Meditations/Eglaelin

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 123 , Nov 30, 2003
      <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Eglaelin"
      <eglaelin@y...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > [snip]
      >
      > > It is a common tendency for those involved in religions to use
      > > the phrase don't think.
      > >
      > > Peace On Your Path,
      > > Eglaelin
      >
      > Sadly, it is a common tendency of those who think to miss what
      > they are seeking entirely in the cacophany of speculation generated
      > by their thinking.

      *****Jody, how about dropping the "sadly"?

      What is true for me is that it is not "sad." It is how it is.

      The "missing" you allude to is actually part of the game. Some miss
      it, some don't. The game entails all aspects of phenomenality: the
      good the bad and the ugly. ;-)

      It is only the stories we tell ourselves about "how" things "should"
      be that create the sadness. Drop the stories, there is no sadness.
      There is "As It IS," and only that.

      Hugs!
    • devi@pacific.net
      Message 123 of 123 , Dec 17, 2003
        > If you like the study of the mind, Eglaelin, You might try Georg
        > Feuerstein's translation and commentary on "Yoga Sutra" by
        Patanjali.
        > It is the basis of Raja Yoga. It is very systematic and well
        formed.

        > Love,
        > Bobby G.

        devi: i have it on order from the library, i've already read about
        four or five commentaries, most from indian scholors, i'm actually
        thinking about offering study groups in my area..