Re: misused words

  • jwmeritt
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Jim Wrote:
      > A brush up in General Semantics may help.

      > And Kir Li Molari also wrote:
      > "A 'quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks', and 'A brush up in
      > General Semantics may help."!!! ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!"

      I hope that you don't think Count Korbinski's work is for beginners.
      There are quite a few easier (as well as more recent!) texts
      available.
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        These words are going beyond my knowledge level. My vocabulary and knowledge
        of physics is obviously not as high as yours. Do I have to read up on
        physics and semantics to converse with you?

        ...Tony

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
          Hi Bob,

          I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?

          ...Tony

          > How about the well-defined word "energy" being misused in the post
          addressed. And the word "vibration" is oft misused, especially in the
          context of "vibrational level". A quick perusal of a bit of physics
          textbooks would pretty much immediately show that the terms do NOT
          belong where they are put.
          For example, the distinction between matter and electromagnetic
          energy is not as black-and-white as many would like to think. Matter
          is not "frozen light" quite as much as "light" (electromagnetic
          energy) with an absurdly high frequency (which goes along with
          really, really short wavelength).
          A brush up in General Semantics may help.

          > Jim

          And Jim also wrote:
          "I see the connection. Do you see the constraint imposed when trying
          to communicate it to someone else who is NOT privy to your entire
          mind?"

          And Kir Li Molari wrote:
          "Words! Words! Words!"

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
            I am lost even further. Who is Count Korbinski? What does he write about?

            ...Tony

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
              Jim wrote:
              > I hope that you don't think Count Korbinski's work is for
              beginners.
              > There are quite a few easier (as well as more recent!) texts
              > available.

              Kir Li Molari wrote:
              "Words! More words! And even more words!....When are you going to say
              something?!"
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
                > Hi Bob,
                > I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?
                > ...Tony

                > Jim Wrote:
                Lots of silly stuff and a Count Korbinski too!

                Dear Tony,
                I think that Kir Li Molari picked up on Jim being a trickster and
                just playing around. He just put some words out there and pretended
                they had some significance. As Kir Li has said "Three seconds of
                meditation experience is worth more that 1000 years of
                pontificating." Your own meditation journals are much more relevant
                to any seeker than all the physics books ever written. BTW, a hen has
                more teeth than the number of books that Count Korbinski wrote. Try a
                search on Google about him.
              • jwmeritt
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2002
                  <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                  > I think that Kir Li Molari picked up on Jim being a trickster and
                  > just playing around.

                  A not uncommon reaction to encountering that which is not understood.
                  Unfortunately, really. Much the same reaction as that from many as
                  they augment their beginning meditation with contemplation and find
                  things they do not understand.

                  An unfortunate, but common, reaction to the unknown.