Re: misused words

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
      Jim Wrote:
      > How about the well-defined word "energy" being misused in the post
      addressed. And the word "vibration" is oft misused, especially in the
      context of "vibrational level". A quick perusal of a bit of physics
      textbooks would pretty much immediately show that the terms do NOT
      belong where they are put.
      For example, the distinction between matter and electromagnetic
      energy is not as black-and-white as many would like to think. Matter
      is not "frozen light" quite as much as "light" (electromagnetic
      energy) with an absurdly high frequency (which goes along with
      really, really short wavelength).
      A brush up in General Semantics may help.

      > Jim

      And Jim also wrote:
      "I see the connection. Do you see the constraint imposed when trying
      to communicate it to someone else who is NOT privy to your entire
      mind?"

      And Kir Li Molari wrote:
      "Words! Words! Words!"

      And Kir Li Molari also wrote:
      "A 'quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks', and 'A brush up in
      General Semantics may help."!!! ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!"
    • jwmeritt
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Jim Wrote:
        > A brush up in General Semantics may help.

        > And Kir Li Molari also wrote:
        > "A 'quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks', and 'A brush up in
        > General Semantics may help."!!! ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!"

        I hope that you don't think Count Korbinski's work is for beginners.
        There are quite a few easier (as well as more recent!) texts
        available.
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
          Hi Jim,

          These words are going beyond my knowledge level. My vocabulary and knowledge
          of physics is obviously not as high as yours. Do I have to read up on
          physics and semantics to converse with you?

          ...Tony

          In a message dated 10/2/2002 9:50:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Tony asked:

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
            Hi Bob,

            I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?

            ...Tony

            And Jim also wrote:
            "I see the connection. Do you see the constraint imposed when trying
            to communicate it to someone else who is NOT privy to your entire
            mind?"

            And Kir Li Molari wrote:
            "Words! Words! Words!"

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
              I am lost even further. Who is Count Korbinski? What does he write about?

              ...Tony

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                Jim wrote:
                > I hope that you don't think Count Korbinski's work is for
                beginners.
                > There are quite a few easier (as well as more recent!) texts
                > available.

                Kir Li Molari wrote:
                "Words! More words! And even more words!....When are you going to say
                something?!"
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                  "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
                  > Hi Bob,
                  > I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?
                  > ...Tony

                  > Jim Wrote:
                  Lots of silly stuff and a Count Korbinski too!

                  Dear Tony,
                  I think that Kir Li Molari picked up on Jim being a trickster and
                  just playing around. He just put some words out there and pretended
                  they had some significance. As Kir Li has said "Three seconds of
                  meditation experience is worth more that 1000 years of
                  pontificating." Your own meditation journals are much more relevant
                  to any seeker than all the physics books ever written. BTW, a hen has
                  more teeth than the number of books that Count Korbinski wrote. Try a
                  search on Google about him.
                • jwmeritt
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2002
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    > I think that Kir Li Molari picked up on Jim being a trickster and
                    > just playing around.

                    A not uncommon reaction to encountering that which is not understood.
                    Unfortunately, really. Much the same reaction as that from many as
                    they augment their beginning meditation with contemplation and find
                    things they do not understand.

                    An unfortunate, but common, reaction to the unknown.