misused words

  • JWMeritt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
      In a message dated 10/2/2002 9:50:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Tony asked:

      > Coming back to your post, can you give me an example of where "...a skeptic
      > has misused words to prove the nonexistence of the original phenomena when
      > its postulated characteristics can not be observed..."?

      How about the well-defined word "energy" being misused in the post addressed.
      And the word "vibration" is oft misused, especially in the context of
      "vibrational level". A quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks would
      pretty much immediately show that the terms do NOT belong where they are put.

      For example, the distinction between matter and electromagnetic energy is not
      as black-and-white as many would like to think. Matter is not "frozen light"
      quite as much as "light" (electromagnetic energy) with an absurdly high
      frequency (which goes along with really, really short wavelength).

      A brush up in General Semantics may help.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
        Jim Wrote:
        > How about the well-defined word "energy" being misused in the post
        addressed. And the word "vibration" is oft misused, especially in the
        context of "vibrational level". A quick perusal of a bit of physics
        textbooks would pretty much immediately show that the terms do NOT
        belong where they are put.
        For example, the distinction between matter and electromagnetic
        energy is not as black-and-white as many would like to think. Matter
        is not "frozen light" quite as much as "light" (electromagnetic
        energy) with an absurdly high frequency (which goes along with
        really, really short wavelength).
        A brush up in General Semantics may help.

        > Jim

        And Jim also wrote:
        "I see the connection. Do you see the constraint imposed when trying
        to communicate it to someone else who is NOT privy to your entire
        mind?"

        And Kir Li Molari wrote:
        "Words! Words! Words!"

        And Kir Li Molari also wrote:
        "A 'quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks', and 'A brush up in
        General Semantics may help."!!! ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!"
      • jwmeritt
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Jim Wrote:
          > A brush up in General Semantics may help.

          > And Kir Li Molari also wrote:
          > "A 'quick perusal of a bit of physics textbooks', and 'A brush up in
          > General Semantics may help."!!! ROFLOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!"

          I hope that you don't think Count Korbinski's work is for beginners.
          There are quite a few easier (as well as more recent!) texts
          available.
        • Tony
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
            Hi Jim,

            These words are going beyond my knowledge level. My vocabulary and knowledge
            of physics is obviously not as high as yours. Do I have to read up on
            physics and semantics to converse with you?

            ...Tony

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
              Hi Bob,

              I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?

              ...Tony

              And Jim also wrote:
              "I see the connection. Do you see the constraint imposed when trying
              to communicate it to someone else who is NOT privy to your entire
              mind?"

              And Kir Li Molari wrote:
              "Words! Words! Words!"

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                I am lost even further. Who is Count Korbinski? What does he write about?

                ...Tony

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                  Jim wrote:
                  > I hope that you don't think Count Korbinski's work is for
                  beginners.
                  > There are quite a few easier (as well as more recent!) texts
                  > available.

                  Kir Li Molari wrote:
                  "Words! More words! And even more words!....When are you going to say
                  something?!"
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 2, 2002
                    "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
                    > Hi Bob,
                    > I think I am lost here. Was there a joke somewhere in there?
                    > ...Tony

                    > Jim Wrote:
                    Lots of silly stuff and a Count Korbinski too!

                    Dear Tony,
                    I think that Kir Li Molari picked up on Jim being a trickster and
                    just playing around. He just put some words out there and pretended
                    they had some significance. As Kir Li has said "Three seconds of
                    meditation experience is worth more that 1000 years of
                    pontificating." Your own meditation journals are much more relevant
                    to any seeker than all the physics books ever written. BTW, a hen has
                    more teeth than the number of books that Count Korbinski wrote. Try a
                    search on Google about him.
                  • jwmeritt
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2002
                      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                      > I think that Kir Li Molari picked up on Jim being a trickster and
                      > just playing around.

                      A not uncommon reaction to encountering that which is not understood.
                      Unfortunately, really. Much the same reaction as that from many as
                      they augment their beginning meditation with contemplation and find
                      things they do not understand.

                      An unfortunate, but common, reaction to the unknown.