Re: emotions

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2003
      In a message dated 11/25/03 9:25:19 AM Pacific Standard Time, meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Hello Asli ~

      Hi Andy,
      I read your answer to Eglaelin's question.  It's been a few weeks that I cannot get emotinal.  Even if I had a very bad dream, I know that I normally feel scared, my heart would be pounding for munites, I don't feel anything.  Like all the emotions takes place outside of me.  There is just love.

      That's all there ever has been.  The rest (the ups, the downs, the joys, the defeats, the nightmares) is just the dream of the ego.

      I hug my daughter.  I love her.  But I feel like I love her just the same way I love everything, everybody.

      Yes.  Why differentiate, this from that?  I love this person more than that person.  The presence of the love is ... enough.

      I don't think that I love her less now.  I just love the bugs and the ducks and the trees and the clouds just the same way I love my own daughter.
      Did you ever feel like that?  Like the emotions cannot touch you.

      Yes, that type of experience happens.  It's experienced a bit different here: it doesn't seem that the emotions are not touching me.  The sense is that they are ... mmmm.... passing through.  Even if the emotion is unpleasant.  It is there, it makes its presence known.  But there is no "feeding" it and it doesn't build up.  There is no escalation of it.  This happens for the pleasant emotions too.  They come and they go.  Without any resistance.  Nothing lasts.  So, if possible, appreciate everything while it is there, for the next moment, it may not be.

      ~andy

      Do you Yahoo!?