Re: My two initial questions about meditation/bobby G

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Andy
      <endofthedream@y...> wrote:
      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Andy
      >
      > Hello bobby G ~
      >
      > > > I believe physically that thoughts appear because of the
      > > > presence of beta brainwaves and are not volitional.
      >
      > > You assert that thought is not volitional. What do you see as
      > > being volitional?
      >
      > The idea of volition is common enough. Saying thoughts are not
      > volitional does not imply I think anything IS volitional, does
      > it?
      >
      > No, it doesn't. I was inquiring, snooping.
      >
      > My investigations have led to a similar conclusion: thought is not
      a function of will.

      > I wonder if anything is? Or perhaps things...just happen!
      >
      > ~andy

      Dear Andy:

      snooping is fine with me.

      Will is much spoken about.

      I believe illusions are the fly in the ointment.

      an illusion can be a factor and is, in many of life's events.

      So, the illusion of "I" is a factor in how I act. What thought
      chains occur are in large part due to the character of this
      illusion.

      That illusion of me can change in any direction at any time. It
      changes because of an automatic function, but those changes are
      influenced by the illusory self image. When the self image does not
      contain contradictory beliefs, and ceases to make errors of
      discrimination the changes are beneficial and vice versa.

      So can we influence our thoughts, do we have a say in what we think?
      We cannot not influence our thoughts. But each thought is unbidden in
      its timing.

      Love
      Bobby G.