Question about meditation and problems

    Message 1 of 197 , Jan 13, 2002
      Question from email: Can meditation help me with
      my problems?<br>Answer: There is a wise saying that
      tells us that if we have a problem that can be dealt
      with, we have no problem, and don't have to worry about
      it. Similarly, if we have a problem that can't be
      dealt with, why worry about it. Worry and unhappiness
      will not help us solve a problem or deal with anything
      ever! It has been my experience, and I'm sure yours,
      that so called problems never stop coming. We can't
      change that, but we can change our perspective about
      them, and this is where meditation is very beneficial.
      Even if we have been unable to stop worrying about a
      problem for hours, just by sitting in meditation, and
      perhaps chanting a mantra, we can put that suffering
      aside for 20 or so minutes and this is certainly a
      relief. Often, we can then approach the problem with a
      different, less upsetting view of the situation. When we
      begin to evolve spiritually, which is automatic and
      inevitable with meditation, we can perceive our problems as
      challenges and experiences that help us get stronger and
      wiser. Then, there is no need to change anything outside
      of us. We need only to find that peaceful inner
      attitude that lets us see that "problems" are illusionary
      and to see that every moment in life has the
      potential to awaken us to our infinite, eternal nature. And
      meditation is the perfect tool to find that attitude, and
      then we will live happily ever after.
    • eveneon
      Message 197 of 197 , Jun 9, 2002
        wrote: