Re: Test Mail/Meditation class

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1 10:09 PM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
      > Hi Bob,
      Could we get more details of the meditation class? The subject
      matter looked fascinating (even just a line for each will do):
      > - Neti-Neti - this is expounded on nicely in our first sample
      issue of The Inner traveler in the feature article titled How To Stop
      Obsessing. If anyone is interested, email me and I'll send you the
      URL for this issue.
      > - Moha - This can be found on Meditation Station, Concepts of
      Meditation Section
      > - The 7 levels of consciousness/humanity
      Level 1 - Primarily physically reactive
      Level 2 - Primarily emotionally reactive
      Level 3 - Primarily intellectually reactive
      Level 4 - Able to balance the reactivity - the start of being able to
      Level 5 - Able to act and receiving "higher" energy
      Level 6 - Direct conduit for higher energy - a perfect receiver and
      transmitter of divine energy
      Level 7 - God come to earth - unimaginable to us humans on "lower"
      > - Being well balanced see Level #4
      > - Awareness of physical, emotional, and mental reactivity - see
      levels #4 and 5
      > - The 3 types of actions - nicely dealt with in the feature
      article of The Inner Traveler #1's featured article, Relief From
      Suffering, and also in meditation technique #107, Ahimsa, on
      Meditation Station
      > - The Witness - referred to in the majority of our meditation
      techniques and concepts
      > - Other concepts
      > - Dual Body Part Awareness (2 versions)- guided meditations that
      bring awareness to different parts of the body. The first focus's on
      different sides of the body and different body parts, like the right
      palm and the sole of your left foot (BTW, the Witness is the
      awareness that is silently everpresent and aware of these body parts,
      your emotions and thoughts about them, and witnesses your life as it
      takes place). The 2nd version involves paying attention, Witnessing,
      the dual (left and right) same body parts, like both ears (which
      right this second, and always, are hearing different sounds - aren't
      they?), or your left and right nares (nostrils) (which right now are
      inhaling and exhaling different quantities of oxygen - aren't they?),
      and so on. This one ends with awareness of the heart which unifies
      all the body parts. Both versions cause the hemispheres of the brain
      to be well balanced.
      > - Letting Go Of Guilt and Forgiving - see meditation #73 and also
      on our Guided Meditation CD
      > - Nuances of breath awareness - primarily the ability of the
      breath to take you back to the Now, when (and only when) reality takes
      place, and using this as an anchor to come back to when you Witness
      your mind wandering in meditation.
      > - Advantageous posture - straight spine, neck and head straight
      above, everywhere free of tension.
      > - Quieting the mind, emotions, and body to prepare for
      meditation.- actually commanding the mind to not chatter, the
      emotions to remain calm, and the body not to itch, twitch, and so on.
      > Thanks...Tony
      Of course, there's nothing like first hand experience, but I hope
      this answers you query to a good degree.