Test Mail/Meditation class

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hi Bob,

      Normal is one of the most elusive concepts - like a dog chasing its tail and
      not realizing that its circles are moving it in a certain direction!

      Could we get more details of the meditation class? The subject matter looked
      fascinating (even just a line for each will do):

      - Neti-Neti
      - Moha
      - The 7 levels of consciousness/humanity
      - Being well balanced
      - Awareness of physical, emotional, and mental reactivity
      - The 3 types of actions
      - The Witness
      - Other concepts
      - Dual Body Part Awareness (2 versions)
      - Letting Go Of Guilt and Forgiving
      - Nuances of breath awareness
      - Advantageous posture
      - Quieting the mind, emotions, and body to prepare for meditation.

      Thanks...Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Hi Bob,
        Could we get more details of the meditation class? The subject
        matter looked fascinating (even just a line for each will do):
        > - Neti-Neti - this is expounded on nicely in our first sample
        issue of The Inner traveler in the feature article titled How To Stop
        Obsessing. If anyone is interested, email me and I'll send you the
        URL for this issue.
        > - Moha - This can be found on Meditation Station, Concepts of
        Meditation Section
        > - The 7 levels of consciousness/humanity
        Level 1 - Primarily physically reactive
        Level 2 - Primarily emotionally reactive
        Level 3 - Primarily intellectually reactive
        Level 4 - Able to balance the reactivity - the start of being able to
        act
        Level 5 - Able to act and receiving "higher" energy
        Level 6 - Direct conduit for higher energy - a perfect receiver and
        transmitter of divine energy
        Level 7 - God come to earth - unimaginable to us humans on "lower"
        levels
        > - Being well balanced see Level #4
        > - Awareness of physical, emotional, and mental reactivity - see
        levels #4 and 5
        > - The 3 types of actions - nicely dealt with in the feature
        article of The Inner Traveler #1's featured article, Relief From
        Suffering, and also in meditation technique #107, Ahimsa, on
        Meditation Station
        > - The Witness - referred to in the majority of our meditation
        techniques and concepts
        > - Other concepts
        > - Dual Body Part Awareness (2 versions)- guided meditations that
        bring awareness to different parts of the body. The first focus's on
        different sides of the body and different body parts, like the right
        palm and the sole of your left foot (BTW, the Witness is the
        awareness that is silently everpresent and aware of these body parts,
        your emotions and thoughts about them, and witnesses your life as it
        takes place). The 2nd version involves paying attention, Witnessing,
        the dual (left and right) same body parts, like both ears (which
        right this second, and always, are hearing different sounds - aren't
        they?), or your left and right nares (nostrils) (which right now are
        inhaling and exhaling different quantities of oxygen - aren't they?),
        and so on. This one ends with awareness of the heart which unifies
        all the body parts. Both versions cause the hemispheres of the brain
        to be well balanced.
        > - Letting Go Of Guilt and Forgiving - see meditation #73 and also
        on our Guided Meditation CD
        > - Nuances of breath awareness - primarily the ability of the
        breath to take you back to the Now, when (and only when) reality takes
        place, and using this as an anchor to come back to when you Witness
        your mind wandering in meditation.
        > - Advantageous posture - straight spine, neck and head straight
        above, everywhere free of tension.
        > - Quieting the mind, emotions, and body to prepare for
        meditation.- actually commanding the mind to not chatter, the
        emotions to remain calm, and the body not to itch, twitch, and so on.

        > Thanks...Tony
        Of course, there's nothing like first hand experience, but I hope
        this answers you query to a good degree.