Journal Entry - October 01 - tosime

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 99 , Oct 1, 2002
      Journal Entry - tosime
      Date: October 01
      Time: 08:55 a.m.
      Duration: 57 minutes (open)
      Posture: Seated on chair
      Body: Eyes closed,
      - tongue tip to pallet,
      - hands on knees-index finger touching thumb.
      Room Condition: Darkened room
      - Two candles
      - Incense
      - Essential Oil - (Bergamot+water on burner)
      - Bell
      Pre-session: Sip of water
      - full body stretch (3 times).
      Mind Chatter: Low.
      Waves of bliss: None.
      Experience: Excellent Session. Good progress and development.

      Result: Felt like a two hour session.

      As I drifted through the first stage of my meditation I felt myself passing
      the 3 to 5 key issues that are occupying my subconscious mind. I could sense
      my mind still working on each issue and saw various interim solutions. I
      felt like I was floating past them. It gave me a good sense of my inner self
      being separate from my perceived problems.

      Still exploring how to reach deeper levels of meditation via deeper levels
      of physical relaxation accompanied by sharper levels of mental focus.
      Started sensing for the most physically prominent part of my body (i.e. my
      left, middle back). I took my attention there then freed the signal from
      that part of my body. Felt a sensation of release, then felt no sensation
      from that part of my body. I went slightly deeper into the meditation but my
      mind became sharper as I then had to sense the next most prominent physical
      sensation. This activity diverts your mind from mind chatter. It could be
      the absence of mind chatter that helps the meditation go deeper - I will
      explore this.

      Became more sensitive to various body processes. Felt a slight muscle twinge
      in my ribcage and felt the flow of signals to somewhere in my right brain.

      Towards the end of the session I was ready to open my eyes. I hesitated and
      felt the rush of inner sounds I normally have when my eyes open. This led me
      to sense that a large part of what we see is processed rather than seen. My
      mind had started the processing even before it got the light signals. When I
      opened my eyes, the objects on my meditation table appeared more detailed as
      if my focusing had sharpened. I had a sense that this is what artists see
      and the beauty of objects is much stronger for them.

      Very low mind chatter. Spent long periods without thoughts using my inner
      sounds as a support.

      Still need to develop the ability of not reacting to new inner sounds as
      they come and go. I sense that my reaction of surprise kills some of the
      sounds or prevents them from progressing normally. The whole inner sounds
      process is very delicate and very sensitive. The slightest thought has a
      dramatic effect.

      Need to develop my ability to anticipate new sounds. I find that in the
      right frame of mind, I can sense when a new sound will start well before it
      starts. The problem is that this ability has no indicators or manipulators.
      I have no sense or feeling of it being present. It is like some types of
      intuition or creative insights - it just happens.

      Overall, an excellent session. Felt like I made good progress. Was surprised
      to find I only spent 57 minutes when it felt like 2 hours or more.
    • Swami-G
      Message 99 of 99 , Nov 29, 2003
        <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Journal Entry - tosime
        > Date: November 29 2003
        > Type: Meditation on inner sounds (with earplugs)
        > Time: 07:55 a.m.
        > Duration: 38 minutes (open)
        > Posture: Seated on chair
        > Body: Eyes closed,
        > - Hands on knees
        > Room Condition: Darkened room
        > - One candle
        > - Incense
        > - Essential Oil - (Gardenia + water on burner)
        > Pre-session:
        > - Full body stretch (3 times).
        > - Struck the bell 3 times before starting
        > Mind Chatter: Low
        > Waves of bliss: None
        > Experience: Good Session. First session after about a year
        without
        > meditating
        >
        > Result: Recall Session - Getting used to the motions.
        >
        > Surprising easy to return to meditation. My body felt as if it were
        on
        > automatic pilot - simply did most of the usual things I did with
        very
        > little thinking on my part.
        >
        > Good physical relaxation. Moved quite quickly through deeper
        and deeper
        > states of physical relaxation.
        >
        > Had the insight that my day to day thinking was like watching a
        slide
        > show. Each slide would stop if I dwelt on it by thinking about it.
        If I
        > did not, the next slide would appear. Most of my problems
        come when I
        > dwell too much on each passing thought. The progression of
        thoughts is a
        > natural process that I interfere with when I dwell too long on
        any
        > particular thought. I should try relaxing more and allowing the
        thought
        > process to take its natural course.

        Sg: nice to see the site come back to its intention.....