Re: Swami Chidananda on the need for effort/practice

  • John Metzger
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      http://salon.com/mwt/feature/2002/09/30/palmo/index.html

    • Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Bob,

        Beautiful quote. Reminded me of Eckhart Tolle's opening statement in The
        Power Of Now:

        A beggar had been sitting by the side of a road for over thirty years. One
        day a stranger walked by. "Spare some change?" mumbled the beggar,
        mechanically holding out his old baseball cap. "I have nothing to give you,"
        said the stranger. Then he asked: "What's that you are sitting on?"
        "Nothing," replied the beggar. "Just an old box. I have been sitting on it
        for as long as I can remember." "Ever looked inside?" asked the stranger.
        "No," said the beggar. "What's the point? There's nothing in there." "Have a
        look inside," insisted the stranger. The beggar managed to pry open the lid.
        With astonishment, disbelief, and elation, he saw that the box was filled
        with gold.

        Do you know the source of this quote?

        ...Tony