Re: [Meditation Society of America] Test Mail

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      dear Tony,

      back? yes.
      normal? maybe, maybe not! :-)

      michael

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Tony
      To: meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 1:46 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Test Mail

      Test Mail.

      Back to normal?

      ...Tony

    • Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Hi Bob,

        Normal is one of the most elusive concepts - like a dog chasing its tail and
        not realizing that its circles are moving it in a certain direction!

        Could we get more details of the meditation class? The subject matter looked
        fascinating (even just a line for each will do):

        - Neti-Neti
        - Moha
        - The 7 levels of consciousness/humanity
        - Being well balanced
        - Awareness of physical, emotional, and mental reactivity
        - The 3 types of actions
        - The Witness
        - Other concepts
        - Dual Body Part Awareness (2 versions)
        - Letting Go Of Guilt and Forgiving
        - Nuances of breath awareness
        - Advantageous posture
        - Quieting the mind, emotions, and body to prepare for meditation.

        Thanks...Tony
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "Tony" <tosime@b...> wrote:
          > Hi Bob,
          Could we get more details of the meditation class? The subject
          matter looked fascinating (even just a line for each will do):
          > - Neti-Neti - this is expounded on nicely in our first sample
          issue of The Inner traveler in the feature article titled How To Stop
          Obsessing. If anyone is interested, email me and I'll send you the
          URL for this issue.
          > - Moha - This can be found on Meditation Station, Concepts of
          Meditation Section
          > - The 7 levels of consciousness/humanity
          Level 1 - Primarily physically reactive
          Level 2 - Primarily emotionally reactive
          Level 3 - Primarily intellectually reactive
          Level 4 - Able to balance the reactivity - the start of being able to
          act
          Level 5 - Able to act and receiving "higher" energy
          Level 6 - Direct conduit for higher energy - a perfect receiver and
          transmitter of divine energy
          Level 7 - God come to earth - unimaginable to us humans on "lower"
          levels
          > - Being well balanced see Level #4
          > - Awareness of physical, emotional, and mental reactivity - see
          levels #4 and 5
          > - The 3 types of actions - nicely dealt with in the feature
          article of The Inner Traveler #1's featured article, Relief From
          Suffering, and also in meditation technique #107, Ahimsa, on
          Meditation Station
          > - The Witness - referred to in the majority of our meditation
          techniques and concepts
          > - Other concepts
          > - Dual Body Part Awareness (2 versions)- guided meditations that
          bring awareness to different parts of the body. The first focus's on
          different sides of the body and different body parts, like the right
          palm and the sole of your left foot (BTW, the Witness is the
          awareness that is silently everpresent and aware of these body parts,
          your emotions and thoughts about them, and witnesses your life as it
          takes place). The 2nd version involves paying attention, Witnessing,
          the dual (left and right) same body parts, like both ears (which
          right this second, and always, are hearing different sounds - aren't
          they?), or your left and right nares (nostrils) (which right now are
          inhaling and exhaling different quantities of oxygen - aren't they?),
          and so on. This one ends with awareness of the heart which unifies
          all the body parts. Both versions cause the hemispheres of the brain
          to be well balanced.
          > - Letting Go Of Guilt and Forgiving - see meditation #73 and also
          on our Guided Meditation CD
          > - Nuances of breath awareness - primarily the ability of the
          breath to take you back to the Now, when (and only when) reality takes
          place, and using this as an anchor to come back to when you Witness
          your mind wandering in meditation.
          > - Advantageous posture - straight spine, neck and head straight
          above, everywhere free of tension.
          > - Quieting the mind, emotions, and body to prepare for
          meditation.- actually commanding the mind to not chatter, the
          emotions to remain calm, and the body not to itch, twitch, and so on.

          > Thanks...Tony
          Of course, there's nothing like first hand experience, but I hope
          this answers you query to a good degree.