Meditation Class Monday 11/10

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003
      Our 4th class for the fall semester will be 6:30 to 8 pm Monday night.
      As usual we will be enjoying the uncomfortable environment of an 8th
      grade History classroom (it's actually very funky, cool, and other
      outdated adjectives). This room is absolutely unconductive to
      meditation and thus perfect for learning methods to deal with the
      physical, mental, and emotional stress's we face daily in "real life".
      No incense, serene and inspiring pictures of divinities or saints, no
      soft cushions to sit on, and a fire station across the street, which
      is perfect for witnessing our habitual fear of death reactivity when
      the alarm goes off. I do play 'new age' music in the background, as
      this has proven to be more wanted by the students than not, but
      personally I think that the sounds of laughter in the hallways, people
      coughing, announcements over the loudspeaker, and other things that
      have the potential of distracting us from our meditation, are far more
      valuable, as that, once again, is more likely to be what goes on
      moment to moment. And by witnessing what distracts us, we gain a
      potential to see how we are reactive and "asleep at the switch", and
      thus start to awaken and be effortlessly actively meditative 24x7. And
      I have yet to find a moment that isn't "better" when experienced in a
      meditative mode. And most importantly, we become more and more the
      witness of our life as it takes place, and this is important because
      this Witness is our Real Self.

      Now, please be aware that this class will not have a terribly long
      post-class discussion period, as we will all want to get home in time
      for the kickoff of the Eagles - Packers game. So please ask your
      questions, or share want you want to during the class itself:-)

      Seriously, whatever is needed, whenever it is needed, will be what
      will be. If you have any questions, or need directions, please feel
      free to email me at: medit8@...
      I hope to see you in class.