Lying shame - JWMeritt

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30 1:26 PM
      Hi JWMeritt,

      I could not quite understand your post. Could you explain it for me please?

      Thanks...Tony

      Curiouser and Curiouser?
      "'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it
      means just what I choose it to mean--neither more or less.' 'The question
      is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.' 'The
      question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master--that's all.'"

      --Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

      In a message dated 09/28/2002 8:25:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tony"
      <tosime@b...> writes:

      > When you're at peace, you radiate a different kind of energy than
      > when you're stressed or depressed.

      In my opinion, as well as in the opinions of others, misusing a term which
      has a clear definition ("energy") inappropriately causes folks to
      extrapolate
      from what is said along the lines of the term which is misused leading to
      inaccuracies in thought.

      A lying shame that it has been expanded to this arena...
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
        Hi Jim,

        I forgot to remark on the Alice in Wonderland quote I added to my first
        post.

        I hope you liked the quote and the whole Alice in Wonderland story.

        My interpretation of Humpty Dumpty's statement "...The question is, which is
        to be master - that's all" is that we need to decide if we control words or
        words control us.

        This has a similar ring to the meditation related question, does my mind
        control me, or do I control my mind.

        Do you see a general connection?

        ...Tony