Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Picture a miracle

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
      Thanks for your kind words Bob. Yes, my email name (my other one is
      spiritwhispers) say alot about what the last 6 years have been like for
      me. As I just mentioned in the email I addressed to Devi, I have been
      blessed to witness several profound miracles since my sons death, plus I
      had an experience 3 weeks after he died that was the beginning of
      understanding that we are never alone. I was driving in my car and
      crying so hard I could barely drive, when suddenly I realized I was not
      alone in the car. It was more than just sensing spirit around, as I
      have had those experiences numerous times the first couple years after
      Darrell died. This was different; the most incredible peace came over
      me, sucking all the sadness right out of me. I tried to talk myself out
      of what I was feeling, thinking this couldnt be happening and was just
      my imagination. I could feel so strongly a presence in that car, yet
      couldnt actually see anything or anyone. The intenseness of the
      feelings only lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, but the effects of it have
      stayed with me ever since.

      As for "knowing God", I had believed in God my entire life but really
      just because I grew up being told "He" existed, and I figured it was
      true. I have always prayed, although not on a regular basis, but never
      FELT God. The experience in the car and many other experiences that
      would follow those first several years brought me to a place where I
      felt so much love and such a close relationship with God/spirit/Universe
      that it is an emotion that I treasure beyond words. It really cant
      even be put into words, and I am sure many on this list undoubtedly know
      what I mean.

      My whole attitude about life and people has changed so much, and I do
      believe now that every experience we have is important and the lessons
      from each experience can be so valuable if we are open to receiving
      them, even and probably especially the negative experiences.

      Well, I guess I have rambled long enough for now. Again, thank you for
      the kind words and I really look forward to being a part of this list.

      Hugs,

      Sandy

      medit8ionsociety wrote:

      > Dear Sandy,
      > These are the healthiest words I've read in a long time about dealing
      > with what is perhaps the greatest tragedy that one can face. It points
      > to being content/blessed with what we have now, and that is such an
      > important message. I also am curious about just what your "knowing
      > God" is about, and suspect that your email name of 'silentmiracles'
      > may give a clue.
      > Thanks for sharing.
      > Peace and blessings,
      > Bob
      >
      > Sandy <silentmiracles@e...> wrote:
      > > I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the
      > death
      > > of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
      > > spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my
      > spiritual
      > > journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led to
      > > something so beautiful.
      > >
      > > Hugs,
      > >
      > > Sandy
      > >
      > > devianandi wrote:
      > > >
      > > > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
      > > >
      > > > Happy moments, praise God.
      > > > Difficult moments, seek God.
      > > > Quiet moments, worship God.
      > > > Painful moments, trust God.
      > > > Every moment, thank God.
      > > >
      > > > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
      > > > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
      > > >
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > > [click here]

      > Service.
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Sandeep
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
        On my deathbed,....... I was asked "Have you made your peace with God?"

        I replied " We never quarreled".

        > Thanks for your kind words Bob.  Yes, my email name (my other one is
        > spiritwhispers) say alot about what the last 6 years have been
        like for
        > me.   As I just mentioned in the email I addressed to
        Devi, I have been
        > blessed to witness several profound miracles since my
        sons death, plus I
        > had an experience 3 weeks after he died that was the
        beginning of
        > understanding  that we are never alone.  I was
        driving in my car and
        > crying so hard I could barely drive, when suddenly
        I realized I was not
        > alone in the car.   It was more than just
        sensing spirit around, as I
        > have had those experiences numerous times
        the first couple years after
        > Darrell died.  This was different; the
        most incredible peace came over
        > me, sucking all the sadness right out of
        me.  I tried to talk myself out
        > of what I was feeling, thinking
        this couldnt be happening and was just
        > my imagination.   I
        could feel so strongly a presence in that car, yet
        > couldnt actually see
        anything or anyone.  The intenseness of the
        > feelings only lasted
        maybe 30 minutes or so, but the effects of it have
        > stayed with me ever
        since.

        > As for "knowing God", I had believed in God my entire
        life but really
        > just because I grew up being told "He" existed, and I
        figured it was
        > true.  I have always prayed, although not on a
        regular basis, but never
        > FELT God.  The experience in the car and
        many other experiences that
        > would follow those first several years
        brought me to a place where I
        > felt so much love and such a close
        relationship with God/spirit/Universe
        > that it is an emotion that I
        treasure beyond words.   It really cant
        > even be put into
        words, and I am sure many on this list undoubtedly know
        > what I
        mean.

        > My whole attitude about life and people has changed so
        much, and I do
        > believe now that every experience we have is important
        and the lessons
        > from each experience can be so valuable if we are open
        to receiving
        > them, even and probably especially the negative
        experiences.

        > Well, I guess I have rambled long enough
        for now.  Again, thank you for
        > the kind words and I really look
        forward to being a part of this list.

        > Hugs,

        Sandy

        > medit8ionsociety wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear
        Sandy,
        > > These are the healthiest words I've read in a long time
        about dealing
        > > with what is perhaps the greatest tragedy that one
        can face. It points
        > > to being content/blessed with what we have now,
        and that is such an
        > > important message. I also am curious about just
        what your "knowing
        > > God" is about, and suspect that your email name
        of 'silentmiracles'
        > > may give a clue.
        > > Thanks for
        sharing.
        > > Peace and blessings,

        Bob
      • Onniko
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandy
          <silentmiracles@e...> wrote:
          > I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the
          death
          > of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
          > spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my
          spiritual
          > journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led
          > something so beautiful.
          >
          > Hugs,
          >
          > Sandy

          Hi Sandy, nice to meet you. Devi always seems to have the right
          story at hand for the right time. God gets said what he wants said
          in so many ways. Sometimes, people can get very technical about what
          is Truth and just exactly how Truth works and what Truth is. Your
          story is a wonderful reminder that when we're serious about wanting
          to know, none of that gets in the way. We take the love letters
          given to the heart and they are real and that's all that ever
          mattered.

          Niko

          > devianandi wrote:
          > >
          > > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
          > >
          > > Happy moments, praise God.
          > > Difficult moments, seek God.
          > > Quiet moments, worship God.
          > > Painful moments, trust God.
          > > Every moment, thank God.
          > >
          > > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
          > > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > > [click here]

          Service.
        • Sandy
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2003
            What an incredible experience; I wonder if he was your son reincarnated?
            You obviously had a very special connection to this little boy, no
            question there. I love hearing stories like this, they really tug at a
            persons heart.

            Your comment about the fact that he was glowing reminded me of a funny
            story about myself. A few months after I first started meditating
            (which I always do in the dark and start out with my eyes open as I love
            the "floor show" of colors and movement), I realized that there was this
            light all around me and I figured I must have left the hall light on, so
            I turned to look towards the hall and it was dark, no light. I turned
            back around and while looking straight ahead I could see all this light
            again. I didnt understand at first that it was my own aura; I was lit
            up like a lightbulb and it actually scared me so much I stopped and
            didnt try to meditate again for a few days as I didnt have a clue what I
            had experienced.

            Another funny experience I had when I first started meditating was the
            first time my crown chakra opened (I had never even heard of a chakra
            back then) it felt like I had ants crawling all over my head and scalp;
            once I realized there was nothing there I thought some kind of spirit
            must be trying to take me on and I screamed at "it" to leave me alone
            and I stopped meditating. It is so funny to me now; I was soooo naive
            at that time that it really scared me. It has been an interesting
            journey to say the least!

            Hugs,

            Sandy