Re: on the off chance...

  • Nina
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > ...babaji is a master yogi and He trained
      > a few yoga teachers back then who in
      > turn trained others and then those became
      > and went on to train others..(in classical
      > ashtanga yoga) .back then i had the
      > opportunity to learn all about hatha yoga
      > but i had just had a very deep spiriutual
      > experience and i couldn't get intersted in anything,
      > it was hard to stay in the world...my point
      > being is that back then i could have become a
      > yoga teacher for virtual pennies and today it
      > would cost over 2000 dollars,,amazing...your
      > lucky to be a yoga teacher...if i had the cash
      > now i''d go for it...

      Really? It seems that it wouldn't be up your
      alley, given your stated interests... nonetheless,
      if you get the cash, teacher training is a nice
      way to blow it. :)

      Personally, the teacher training was a natural
      evolvement of my study/practice. When I began the program,
      I didn't have great aspirations to teach, but wasn't
      averse to it... I simply wanted to learn more than
      regular classes were offering. I got my wish, and
      then some, believe me. It was hard work and vastly
      rewarding. Eventually, I did decide I wanted to teach,
      and was honored that my teacher invited me to teach
      at her studio. Certainly, I don't teach for the
      money, as there is a yoga teacher under
      every rock here and competition is stiff... it is
      purely for my own education and enjoyment. I like
      to share that education and enjoyment with others.
      If one student shows up, I am happy. If no student shows
      up, I have an hour and a half to goof off or do my
      own practice. :)

      Anyway, the training hasn't ended. I got my certificate
      and kept going, kept learning. I see it as a whole
      spectrum of ongoing experience, of which the teacher
      training is only one segment.

      Nina