Test Mail

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
      Test Mail.

      Back to normal?

      ...Tony
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2002
        Hi JWMeritt,

        I could not quite understand your post. Could you explain it for me please?

        Thanks...Tony

        Curiouser and Curiouser?
        "'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it
        means just what I choose it to mean--neither more or less.' 'The question
        is,' said Alice, 'whether you can make words mean different things.' 'The
        question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, 'which is to be master--that's all.'"

        --Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

        In a message dated 09/28/2002 8:25:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Tony"
        <tosime@b...> writes:

        > When you're at peace, you radiate a different kind of energy than
        > when you're stressed or depressed.

        In my opinion, as well as in the opinions of others, misusing a term which
        has a clear definition ("energy") inappropriately causes folks to
        extrapolate
        from what is said along the lines of the term which is misused leading to
        inaccuracies in thought.

        A lying shame that it has been expanded to this arena...
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2002
          Hi Jim,

          I forgot to remark on the Alice in Wonderland quote I added to my first
          post.

          I hope you liked the quote and the whole Alice in Wonderland story.

          My interpretation of Humpty Dumpty's statement "...The question is, which is
          to be master - that's all" is that we need to decide if we control words or
          words control us.

          This has a similar ring to the meditation related question, does my mind
          control me, or do I control my mind.

          Do you see a general connection?

          ...Tony