Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Picture a miracle

  • Sandy
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2003
      I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the death
      of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
      spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my spiritual
      journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led to
      something so beautiful.

      Hugs,

      Sandy

      devianandi wrote:

      > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
      >
      > Happy moments, praise God.
      > Difficult moments, seek God.
      > Quiet moments, worship God.
      > Painful moments, trust God.
      > Every moment, thank God.
      >
      > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
      > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > [click here]

    • devianandi
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
        dear sandi: the woman who sponsered and took care of my Guru also
        lost her older son and was so distraught that she went to india
        insearch of Truth....eventually, baba hari dass, now a well know
        Guru,ended up at her door front and he never left, by many of his
        devotees she was called ma, and when she died many assumed that she
        became liberated...

        she started a spiritual foundation, a publishing company,an ashram,
        and an orphanage she was so full of yoga and God

        that strong initial urge to find the Truth certainly pushed her on
        her spiritual journey a long way...

        love
        devi

        > I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the
        death
        > of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
        > spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my
        spiritual
        > journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led to
        > something so beautiful.
        >
        > Hugs,
        >
        > Sandy
        >
        > devianandi wrote:
        > >
        > > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
        > >
        > > Happy moments, praise God.
        > > Difficult moments, seek God.
        > > Quiet moments, worship God.
        > > Painful moments, trust God.
        > > Every moment, thank God.
        > >
        > > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
        > > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > > [click here]

        Service.
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
          Dear Sandy,
          These are the healthiest words I've read in a long time about dealing
          with what is perhaps the greatest tragedy that one can face. It points
          to being content/blessed with what we have now, and that is such an
          important message. I also am curious about just what your "knowing
          God" is about, and suspect that your email name of 'silentmiracles'
          may give a clue.
          Thanks for sharing.

          Sandy <silentmiracles@e...> wrote:
          > I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the death
          > of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
          > spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my spiritual
          > journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led to
          > something so beautiful.
          >
          > Hugs,
          >
          > Sandy
          >
          > devianandi wrote:
          > >
          > > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
          > >
          > > Happy moments, praise God.
          > > Difficult moments, seek God.
          > > Quiet moments, worship God.
          > > Painful moments, trust God.
          > > Every moment, thank God.
          > >
          > > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
          > > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > > [click here]

        • Sandy
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
            Hi Devi,

            Thank you for sharing this story with me; it really touched me. I do
            believe that often people are handed terrible tragedies to deal with in
            order for them to grow spiritually and make a difference in the world,
            whether it be in a small or large way. Certainly this woman touched
            many with what she did with her life after losing her son.

            You are so lost after losing a child you hardly know where to turn; I
            did not actually seek out the truth initially; it pretty much came to
            me. My son had committed suicide so I was mainly just trying to make
            sure he was okay and in a good place. I was so confused with all these
            words coming from "well meaning" people. I had never really believed in
            hell and definetly dont now, but I was just so desperate to know Darrell
            was okay. That is what started me on my journey; seeking out mediums
            (several very good ones and some that obviously did not have mediumship
            abilities), starting to meditate, reading everything I could get my
            hands on (spiritual material, not religious material). I witnessed
            several incredible miracles that changed my life forever and I have
            never been the same ever since.

            I know how blessed I am to have the faith and belief system I now have;
            I just wish I could have this and my son at the same time, but that was
            not meant to be.

            Hugs,

            Sandy
            devianandi wrote:

            > dear sandi: the woman who sponsered and took care of my Guru also
            > lost her older son and was so distraught that she went to india
            > insearch of Truth....eventually, baba hari dass, now a well know
            > Guru,ended up at her door front and he never left, by many of his
            > devotees she was called ma, and when she died many assumed that she
            > became liberated...
            >
            > she started a spiritual foundation, a publishing company,an ashram,
            > and an orphanage she was so full of yoga and God
            >
            > that strong initial urge to find the Truth certainly pushed her on
            > her spiritual journey a long way...
            >
            > love
            > devi

          • Sandy
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
              Thanks for your kind words Bob. Yes, my email name (my other one is
              spiritwhispers) say alot about what the last 6 years have been like for
              me. As I just mentioned in the email I addressed to Devi, I have been
              blessed to witness several profound miracles since my sons death, plus I
              had an experience 3 weeks after he died that was the beginning of
              understanding that we are never alone. I was driving in my car and
              crying so hard I could barely drive, when suddenly I realized I was not
              alone in the car. It was more than just sensing spirit around, as I
              have had those experiences numerous times the first couple years after
              Darrell died. This was different; the most incredible peace came over
              me, sucking all the sadness right out of me. I tried to talk myself out
              of what I was feeling, thinking this couldnt be happening and was just
              my imagination. I could feel so strongly a presence in that car, yet
              couldnt actually see anything or anyone. The intenseness of the
              feelings only lasted maybe 30 minutes or so, but the effects of it have
              stayed with me ever since.

              As for "knowing God", I had believed in God my entire life but really
              just because I grew up being told "He" existed, and I figured it was
              true. I have always prayed, although not on a regular basis, but never
              FELT God. The experience in the car and many other experiences that
              would follow those first several years brought me to a place where I
              felt so much love and such a close relationship with God/spirit/Universe
              that it is an emotion that I treasure beyond words. It really cant
              even be put into words, and I am sure many on this list undoubtedly know
              what I mean.

              My whole attitude about life and people has changed so much, and I do
              believe now that every experience we have is important and the lessons
              from each experience can be so valuable if we are open to receiving
              them, even and probably especially the negative experiences.

              Well, I guess I have rambled long enough for now. Again, thank you for
              the kind words and I really look forward to being a part of this list.

              Hugs,

              Sandy

              medit8ionsociety wrote:

              > Dear Sandy,
              > These are the healthiest words I've read in a long time about dealing
              > with what is perhaps the greatest tragedy that one can face. It points
              > to being content/blessed with what we have now, and that is such an
              > important message. I also am curious about just what your "knowing
              > God" is about, and suspect that your email name of 'silentmiracles'
              > may give a clue.
              > Thanks for sharing.
              > Peace and blessings,
              > Bob
              >
              > Sandy <silentmiracles@e...> wrote:
              > > I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the
              > death
              > > of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
              > > spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my
              > spiritual
              > > journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led to
              > > something so beautiful.
              > >
              > > Hugs,
              > >
              > > Sandy
              > >
              > > devianandi wrote:
              > > >
              > > > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
              > > >
              > > > Happy moments, praise God.
              > > > Difficult moments, seek God.
              > > > Quiet moments, worship God.
              > > > Painful moments, trust God.
              > > > Every moment, thank God.
              > > >
              > > > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
              > > > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
              > > >
              > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              > > > [click here]

              > Service.
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Sandeep
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
                On my deathbed,....... I was asked "Have you made your peace with God?"

                I replied " We never quarreled".

                > Thanks for your kind words Bob.  Yes, my email name (my other one is
                > spiritwhispers) say alot about what the last 6 years have been
                like for
                > me.   As I just mentioned in the email I addressed to
                Devi, I have been
                > blessed to witness several profound miracles since my
                sons death, plus I
                > had an experience 3 weeks after he died that was the
                beginning of
                > understanding  that we are never alone.  I was
                driving in my car and
                > crying so hard I could barely drive, when suddenly
                I realized I was not
                > alone in the car.   It was more than just
                sensing spirit around, as I
                > have had those experiences numerous times
                the first couple years after
                > Darrell died.  This was different; the
                most incredible peace came over
                > me, sucking all the sadness right out of
                me.  I tried to talk myself out
                > of what I was feeling, thinking
                this couldnt be happening and was just
                > my imagination.   I
                could feel so strongly a presence in that car, yet
                > couldnt actually see
                anything or anyone.  The intenseness of the
                > feelings only lasted
                maybe 30 minutes or so, but the effects of it have
                > stayed with me ever
                since.

                > As for "knowing God", I had believed in God my entire
                life but really
                > just because I grew up being told "He" existed, and I
                figured it was
                > true.  I have always prayed, although not on a
                regular basis, but never
                > FELT God.  The experience in the car and
                many other experiences that
                > would follow those first several years
                brought me to a place where I
                > felt so much love and such a close
                relationship with God/spirit/Universe
                > that it is an emotion that I
                treasure beyond words.   It really cant
                > even be put into
                words, and I am sure many on this list undoubtedly know
                > what I
                mean.

                > My whole attitude about life and people has changed so
                much, and I do
                > believe now that every experience we have is important
                and the lessons
                > from each experience can be so valuable if we are open
                to receiving
                > them, even and probably especially the negative
                experiences.

                > Well, I guess I have rambled long enough
                for now.  Again, thank you for
                > the kind words and I really look
                forward to being a part of this list.

                > Hugs,

                Sandy

                > medit8ionsociety wrote:
                > >
                > > Dear
                Sandy,
                > > These are the healthiest words I've read in a long time
                about dealing
                > > with what is perhaps the greatest tragedy that one
                can face. It points
                > > to being content/blessed with what we have now,
                and that is such an
                > > important message. I also am curious about just
                what your "knowing
                > > God" is about, and suspect that your email name
                of 'silentmiracles'
                > > may give a clue.
                > > Thanks for
                sharing.
                > > Peace and blessings,

                Bob
              • Onniko
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 7, 2003
                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandy
                  <silentmiracles@e...> wrote:
                  > I love these words, so true! I never really "knew" God until the
                  death
                  > of my 26 year old son in 1997; it took a tragedy to open me up to
                  > spirit. I wish it would not have taken that to start me on my
                  spiritual
                  > journey, but I know my son would love that something so awful led
                  > something so beautiful.
                  >
                  > Hugs,
                  >
                  > Sandy

                  Hi Sandy, nice to meet you. Devi always seems to have the right
                  story at hand for the right time. God gets said what he wants said
                  in so many ways. Sometimes, people can get very technical about what
                  is Truth and just exactly how Truth works and what Truth is. Your
                  story is a wonderful reminder that when we're serious about wanting
                  to know, none of that gets in the way. We take the love letters
                  given to the heart and they are real and that's all that ever
                  mattered.

                  Niko

                  > devianandi wrote:
                  > >
                  > > If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
                  > >
                  > > Happy moments, praise God.
                  > > Difficult moments, seek God.
                  > > Quiet moments, worship God.
                  > > Painful moments, trust God.
                  > > Every moment, thank God.
                  > >
                  > > Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
                  > > You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
                  > >
                  > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  > > [click here]

                  Service.
                • Sandy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 7, 2003
                    What an incredible experience; I wonder if he was your son reincarnated?
                    You obviously had a very special connection to this little boy, no
                    question there. I love hearing stories like this, they really tug at a
                    persons heart.

                    Your comment about the fact that he was glowing reminded me of a funny
                    story about myself. A few months after I first started meditating
                    (which I always do in the dark and start out with my eyes open as I love
                    the "floor show" of colors and movement), I realized that there was this
                    light all around me and I figured I must have left the hall light on, so
                    I turned to look towards the hall and it was dark, no light. I turned
                    back around and while looking straight ahead I could see all this light
                    again. I didnt understand at first that it was my own aura; I was lit
                    up like a lightbulb and it actually scared me so much I stopped and
                    didnt try to meditate again for a few days as I didnt have a clue what I
                    had experienced.

                    Another funny experience I had when I first started meditating was the
                    first time my crown chakra opened (I had never even heard of a chakra
                    back then) it felt like I had ants crawling all over my head and scalp;
                    once I realized there was nothing there I thought some kind of spirit
                    must be trying to take me on and I screamed at "it" to leave me alone
                    and I stopped meditating. It is so funny to me now; I was soooo naive
                    at that time that it really scared me. It has been an interesting
                    journey to say the least!

                    Hugs,

                    Sandy