Re: Naked Invitation/Devi

  • devianandi
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
      > dear Devi
      > I'm sorry to read your comments now and before. You see, i am an
      > older woman, mother, on a spiritual path. But nevertheless i am
      > interested in my sexuality - actually the spiritual path implies,
      for
      > me at least, (re)discovering my sexuality and finding a more
      > rewarding way to integrate it into my emotional and spiritual
      world.
      > I find it extremely non-spiritual to consider that older women
      and/or
      > mothers should deny that sexuality is part of their wholeness.
      > Recognizing that i am also a sexual being is simply natural, it has
      > nothing to do with lewdness or pornography or whatever. And believe
      > me, i fully enjoy my path of sexual discovery, without feeling
      > lesser, dirtier, it is just part of the natural me. It's that
      simple.
      > And jp's group is wonderful, erotic and decent in the same time,
      even
      > more, it is making me completely safe there.
      > I hope i didn't offend anybody with my comments.
      > Take care,
      > Edith

      devi: i have no idea what to say to you....except, i expressed myself
      and you expressed yourself,,you got offended at what i said and i got
      creepy feeling that jp invited strange woman me included into a
      sexually oriented group grope..enjoy yourself...smiles
    • Jason Fishman
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
        Yes, choosing not to respond would be a good indicator that your not interested :) Calling someone ignorant for posting an invitation openly, doesn't show the inviter as ignorant, but it may make the one denouncing them, as such, a pretty good case for ignorance.

        Peace and Love

        Gene Poole <gene_poole@...> wrote:
        > devianandi <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > > > devi: jp, are you that ignorant about sex that you have to talk
        > about
        > > > it with other people?
        > >
        > > What an outlandish and irresponsible statement to
        > > make, Devi.
        > >
        > > I could ask you: "Are you so ignorant about
        > > people, that you have to ask other people
        > > about them?", and the answer would obviously
        > > be "yes".
        > >
        > > Get a clue, Devi.
        > >
        > > The nice thing about lava-lamps, is that
        > > they just sit  there quietly, bubbling their
        > > blobs... their arisings seen, silently...
        > >

        > > ==GP==
        >
        > devi: yes i give a good silent darshan, bless you gene,  but thats
        > besides the point...from my point of view, inviting a group of semi-
        > strangers, with the majority of them older females, mothers,on a
        > spiritual path into a club to talk about sex is, is well, the best
        > word i can think of without offending is ignorant...and we're not
        > supposed to make personal attackes, so you never really got to hear
        > all my outlandish and irresposible ideas.lucky for me.i was sooooo
        > surprised to see jerry katz embrace the club, my evalution of his
        > *character* just went down the *proverbial drain*

        There you 'go' again, Devi.

        On what basis do you make such condemnations?

        Are you the 'standard' by which we should all live?

        Something you do not know, but which I will now
        tell you: There are no standards.

        There  Is  No  Law

        All of that is purely human invention; and you
        continually reveal yourself to be slave to the
        invention of humans.... no different than 'addiction'
        to anything else...

        Do you really think yourself better, than the one
        who made you, and gave you sexuality, and
        (heaven forbid!) genitals?

        It is all about choice, Devi... not 'law'.

        ==Gene Poole==

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • devianandi
        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003

          > There you 'go' again, Devi.

          devi: there she goes...

          > On what basis do you make such condemnations?

          devi: personal preference

          > Are you the 'standard' by which we should all live?

          devi: your taking my words much to seriously, and gene, i would never
          in a million years tell you that you should use me as a standard...

          > Something you do not know, but which I will now
          > tell you: There are no standards.

          devi: i think your right, but i don't believe you walk the talk, if
          you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation

          > There Is No Law

          devi: right back atcha

          > All of that is purely human invention;

          devi: what is not human invention

          and you
          > continually reveal yourself to be slave to the
          > invention of humans.... no different than 'addiction'
          > to anything else...

          devi: if i were to ever give you an indepth look into the life of
          what has been me i imagine that you might have a different view...

          > Do you really think yourself better, than the one
          > who made you, and gave you sexuality, and
          > (heaven forbid!) genitals?

          devi: gene, is that *enlightenement*? ..to think that there is a
          someone else who made me?

          > It is all about choice, Devi... not 'law'.
          >

          > ==Gene Poole==

          devi: like i quoted in another group today,,,from baba hari dass...we
          are like goats tied to a fence with a long rope...

          so, you want to have a contest...see who can talk about genitals the
          best and the longest?
        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
            You see, i am an
            > older woman, mother, on a spiritual path. But nevertheless i am
            > interested in my sexuality - actually the spiritual path implies,
            for
            > me at least, (re)discovering my sexuality and finding a more
            > rewarding way to integrate it into my emotional and spiritual
            world.
            > I find it extremely non-spiritual to consider that older women
            and/or
            > mothers should deny that sexuality is part of their wholeness.
            > Recognizing that i am also a sexual being is simply natural, it has
            > nothing to do with lewdness or pornography or whatever. And believe
            > me, i fully enjoy my path of sexual discovery, without feeling
            > lesser, dirtier, it is just part of the natural me. It's that
            simple.
            > And jp's group is wonderful, erotic and decent in the same time,
            even
            > more, it is making me completely safe there.
            > I hope i didn't offend anybody with my comments.
            > Take care,
            > Edith

            devi: dear edith, there is a tv program called "sex in the city" on
            hbo...its about 4 very sexually active women, best friends, ...now,
            in case you don't know the program, there is a woman who fucks every
            good looking man she meets, and even sometimes the not-so goodlooking
            men..thats about all she does on the program...anyway, i keep hearing
            her saying to me to say to you " get a vibrator, honey"...i had to
            come back to tell you

            smiles

            i hope i didn't offentd anyone, and remember what our resident geene
            poole says,,there are no laws...

          • Gene Poole
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
              >devianandi <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > > There you 'go' again, Devi.
              >
              > devi: there she goes...

              > > On what basis do you make such condemnations?
              >
              > devi: personal preference

              Do you prefer to condemn?

              That... is a big 'problem'.

              > > Are you the 'standard' by which we should all live?
              >
              > devi: your taking my words much to seriously,

              If they are not to be taken seriously,
              why emit them?

              Is not your call, to condemn JP's sex talk group,
              to be taken seriously? Or do you issue such
              judgments casually?

              > and gene, i would never
              > in a million years tell you that you should use me as a standard...

              Strange... because as a reader of this list,
              you already did tell me just that... and I am
              here to tell you, that I not only disagree with
              your judgment/condemnation, but that I also
              warn you of a potentially fatal flaw in your
              handling of yourself... how you gate your own
              energies, in reaction to what you observe, or
              think that you observe...

              > > Something you do not know, but which I will now
              > > tell you: There are no standards.
              >
              > devi: i think your right, but i don't believe you walk the talk, if
              > you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation

              'We' are having this conversation, because I care to
              do so... how about you?

              > > There Is No Law
              >
              > devi: right back atcha

              I detect lack of understanding of what I said...

              > > All of that is purely human invention;
              >
              > devi: what is not human invention

              What invented humans, is not a human
              invention...

              > and you
              > > continually reveal yourself to be slave to the
              > > invention of humans.... no different than 'addiction'
              > > to anything else...
              >
              > devi: if i were to ever give you an indepth look into the life of
              > what has been me i imagine that you might have a different view...

              Still, a slave to circumstances... such as the
              emission of condemnations... and on a regular,
              predictable basis, as well...

              > > Do you really think yourself better, than the one
              > > who made you, and gave you sexuality, and
              > > (heaven forbid!) genitals?
              >
              > devi: gene, is that *enlightenement*? ..to think that there is a
              > someone else who made me?

              Not 'someone' in the sense you seem to imply, Devi

              > > It is all about choice, Devi... not 'law'.
              > >

              > > ==Gene Poole==
              >
              > devi: like i quoted in another group today,,,from baba hari dass...we
              > are like goats tied to a fence with a long rope...

              Can you exist, without the constraint of the rope?

              > so, you want to have a contest...see who can talk about genitals the
              > best and the longest?

              That is not the topic here. Elsewhere, it is the topic...

              Meditation on the 'blank screen' of empty awareness itself,
              will resolve for you, the issues we are discussing...

              ==Gene Poole==
            • Swami-G
              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
                Edith

                > devi: i have no idea what to say to you....except, i expressed
                myself and you expressed yourself,,you got offended at what i
                said and i got creepy feeling that jp invited strange woman me
                included into a sexually oriented group grope..enjoy
                yourself...smiles

                SG: that is an imagination and coloring .....

                there was only an invitation to a new group..... yes there is a
                sexual overtone ....

                but nothing was said about a come and get a group grope .......
                that is reading between the lines and only stems from a run
                away imagination.......

                let's try and see it without a coloring ..... there was an invitation
                posted to a group .... we don't have to chase after it nor fight it
                ..... let it remain for those who wish to follow that avenue.......
              • devianandi
                Message 7 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
                  > > devi: i have no idea what to say to you....except, i expressed
                  > myself and you expressed yourself,,you got offended at what i
                  > said and i got creepy feeling that jp invited strange woman me
                  > included into a sexually oriented group grope..enjoy
                  > yourself...smiles
                  >
                  > SG: that is an imagination and coloring .....

                  devi: oh, like knowing what you were doing over in the other group
                  was imagination and coloring?

                  > there was only an invitation to a new group..... yes there is
                  > sexual overtone ....
                  >
                  > but nothing was said about a come and get a group grope .......
                  > that is reading between the lines and only stems from a run
                  > away imagination.......

                  devi: i think your being naive

                  > let's try and see it without a coloring ..... there was an
                  invitation
                  > posted to a group .... we don't have to chase after it nor fight
                  it
                  > ..... let it remain for those who wish to follow that avenue.......

                  devi: like i said, if you enjoy that sort of thing go for it, it
                  still grosses me out and i would never stay in it...how much you
                  wanna bet that porn will be introduced at some point...? say 10
                  dollars
                • devianandi
                  Message 8 of 20 , Nov 5, 2003
                    <gene_poole@q...> wrote:
                    > >devianandi <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                    > > > There you 'go' again, Devi.
                    > >
                    > > devi: there she goes...
                    >
                    > > > On what basis do you make such condemnations?
                    > >
                    > > devi: personal preference
                    >
                    > Do you prefer to condemn?
                    >
                    > That... is a big 'problem'.

                    devi: it seems to me that you are condeming me.

                    > Strange... because as a reader of this list,
                    > you already did tell me just that...
                    devi: oh really

                    and I am
                    > here to tell you, that I not only disagree with
                    > your judgment/condemnation,

                    devi: thats fine

                    but that I also
                    > warn you of a potentially fatal flaw in your
                    > handling of yourself... how you gate your own
                    > energies, in reaction to what you observe, or
                    > think that you observe...

                    devi: interesting

                    > > > Something you do not know, but which I will now
                    > > > tell you: There are no standards.
                    > >
                    > > devi: i think your right, but i don't believe you walk the talk,
                    if
                    > > you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation
                    >
                    > 'We' are having this conversation, because I care to
                    > do so... how about you?

                    devi: we are having this conversation becasue you don't walk your
                    talk and i'm just pointing that out to you

                    > > > There Is No Law
                    > >
                    > > devi: right back atcha
                    >
                    > I detect lack of understanding of what I said...

                    devi: thats ok, *There is No Law* is not anything so profound that i
                    need to explore what you mean by it..anymore than what i already
                    think you mean

                    > > > All of that is purely human invention;
                    > >
                    > > devi: what is not human invention
                    >
                    > What invented humans, is not a human
                    > invention...

                    devi: humans were never invented, the idea was is and always will be
                    inherent in what is

                    > > and you
                    > > > continually reveal yourself to be slave to the
                    > > > invention of humans.... no different than 'addiction'
                    > > > to anything else...
                    > >
                    > > devi: if i were to ever give you an indepth look into the life of
                    > > what has been me i imagine that you might have a different view...
                    >
                    > Still, a slave to circumstances... such as the
                    > emission of condemnations... and on a regular,
                    > predictable basis, as well...

                    devi: your like the blind man who touches the elephant and thinks he
                    knows the whole elephant..

                    > > > Do you really think yourself better, than the one
                    > > > who made you, and gave you sexuality, and
                    > > > (heaven forbid!) genitals?
                    > >
                    > > devi: gene, is that *enlightenement*? ..to think that there is a
                    > > someone else who made me?
                    >
                    > Not 'someone' in the sense you seem to imply, Devi

                    devi: ok gene, your on the stage now...tell us in what sense did you
                    imply a *someone*

                    > > > It is all about choice, Devi... not 'law'.
                    > > >

                    > > > ==Gene Poole==
                    > >
                    > > devi: like i quoted in another group today,,,from baba hari
                    dass...we
                    > > are like goats tied to a fence with a long rope...
                    >
                    > Can you exist, without the constraint of the rope?
                    devi: i have at times..it doesn't seem to suit my purposes now

                    > > so, you want to have a contest...see who can talk about genitals
                    the
                    > > best and the longest?
                    >
                    > That is not the topic here. Elsewhere, it is the topic...

                    devi:

                    > Meditation on the 'blank screen' of empty awareness itself,
                    > will resolve for you, the issues we are discussing...
                    >

                    > ==Gene Poole==

                    devi: i have no resolutions waiting to happen, thats your trip...you
                    meditate on that blank screen of empty awareness, is that orange
                    chair available for you? what does Neo stand for?