Re: Nekkid Instigation/Political entry

  • o
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
      freyjartist@a... wrote:
      > > I have become so used to navigating among a group of people
      > > who are entirely frank about the body, the gore, the pain,
      > > the parts, the inputs and outputs. It is always something
      > > of a shock to find myself ostracized when I carry that
      > > frankness into distant polite companies... such as at the
      > > shower, when I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the color
      > > of poison ivy scabs (green) and wound up silencing a roomful
      > > of people who stared in offense.>>
      >

      > Um, did you have a secret laugh from seeing their reactions,
      > their faces?

      No, I was as shocked as they were,
      albeit for different reasons.

      > I took a newly baptized born-again christian
      > friend to see the Matt Damon/Ben Affleck film "Dogma"
      (SNIP)
      > She was a mess ("blasphemy! blasphemy! they're all going
      > to hell, and I will too, if I stay and watch this!")
      (SNIP)
      > I was surprised at how offended
      > she was, and I did find it kind of funny.
      > She got so worked up and had to leave the movie.
      > And after I paid good money to see it.....

      Freyja,

      What can I say? I grew up with it.
      I see it all the time. Fundamentalism
      is as pervasive as any other tendency
      of the human disposition, and it isn't
      limited to Christianity...

      Nina
    • carolina112900
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "o" <murrkis@y...>
        wrote:
        > freyjartist@a... wrote:
        > > > I have become so used to navigating among a group of people
        > > > who are entirely frank about the body, the gore, the pain,
        > > > the parts, the inputs and outputs. It is always something
        > > > of a shock to find myself ostracized when I carry that
        > > > frankness into distant polite companies... such as at the
        > > > shower, when I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the color
        > > > of poison ivy scabs (green) and wound up silencing a roomful
        > > > of people who stared in offense.>>
        > >

        > > Um, did you have a secret laugh from seeing their reactions,
        > > their faces?
        >
        > No, I was as shocked as they were,
        > albeit for different reasons.
        >
        > > I took a newly baptized born-again christian
        > > friend to see the Matt Damon/Ben Affleck film "Dogma"
        > (SNIP)
        > > She was a mess ("blasphemy! blasphemy! they're all going
        > > to hell, and I will too, if I stay and watch this!")
        > (SNIP)
        > > I was surprised at how offended
        > > she was, and I did find it kind of funny.
        > > She got so worked up and had to leave the movie.
        > > And after I paid good money to see it.....
        >
        > Freyja,
        >
        > What can I say?>>

        What can you say about what?

        <<I grew up with it.>>