Re: Nekkid Instigation/Political entry

  • freyjartist@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
      > I have become so used to navigating among a group of people
      > who are entirely frank about the body, the gore, the pain,
      > the parts, the inputs and outputs. It is always something
      > of a shock to find myself ostracized when I carry that
      > frankness into distant polite companies... such as at the
      > shower, when I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the color
      > of poison ivy scabs (green) and wound up silencing a roomful
      > of people who stared in offense.>>

      Um,  did you have a secret laugh from seeing their reactions,
      their faces?

      I took a newly baptized born-again christian
      friend to see the Matt Damon/Ben Affleck film "Dogma"
      with George Carlin as the bishop developing a new
      public relations plan for JC.  Lots of delicious irreverence
      towards religion, spirituality, attitudes about sex, but also
      posing a lot of things
      to take a good, honest look at.

      She was a mess ("blasphemy! blasphemy!  they're all going
      to hell, and I will too, if I stay and watch this!")
      and I thought to myself,
      now, did you just take her to this movie
      to see her squirm?   LOL

      Well, no, actually.   I am innocent, I tell you!
      I suggested it because I had
      known her to have a very open mind,
      especially about sex.  As I mentioned, this
      born-again christian phase was relatively new.
      I was surprised at how offended
      she was,  and I did find it kind of funny.
      She got so worked up and had to leave the movie.
      And after I paid good money to see it.....

      Jay-sus!!

      Freyja

    • o
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
        freyjartist@a... wrote:
        > > I have become so used to navigating among a group of people
        > > who are entirely frank about the body, the gore, the pain,
        > > the parts, the inputs and outputs. It is always something
        > > of a shock to find myself ostracized when I carry that
        > > frankness into distant polite companies... such as at the
        > > shower, when I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the color
        > > of poison ivy scabs (green) and wound up silencing a roomful
        > > of people who stared in offense.>>
        >

        > Um, did you have a secret laugh from seeing their reactions,
        > their faces?

        No, I was as shocked as they were,
        albeit for different reasons.

        > I took a newly baptized born-again christian
        > friend to see the Matt Damon/Ben Affleck film "Dogma"
        (SNIP)
        > She was a mess ("blasphemy! blasphemy! they're all going
        > to hell, and I will too, if I stay and watch this!")
        (SNIP)
        > I was surprised at how offended
        > she was, and I did find it kind of funny.
        > She got so worked up and had to leave the movie.
        > And after I paid good money to see it.....

        Freyja,

        What can I say? I grew up with it.
        I see it all the time. Fundamentalism
        is as pervasive as any other tendency
        of the human disposition, and it isn't
        limited to Christianity...

        Nina
      • carolina112900
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2003
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "o" <murrkis@y...>
          wrote:
          > freyjartist@a... wrote:
          > > > I have become so used to navigating among a group of people
          > > > who are entirely frank about the body, the gore, the pain,
          > > > the parts, the inputs and outputs. It is always something
          > > > of a shock to find myself ostracized when I carry that
          > > > frankness into distant polite companies... such as at the
          > > > shower, when I made the 'mistake' of mentioning the color
          > > > of poison ivy scabs (green) and wound up silencing a roomful
          > > > of people who stared in offense.>>
          > >

          > > Um, did you have a secret laugh from seeing their reactions,
          > > their faces?
          >
          > No, I was as shocked as they were,
          > albeit for different reasons.
          >
          > > I took a newly baptized born-again christian
          > > friend to see the Matt Damon/Ben Affleck film "Dogma"
          > (SNIP)
          > > She was a mess ("blasphemy! blasphemy! they're all going
          > > to hell, and I will too, if I stay and watch this!")
          > (SNIP)
          > > I was surprised at how offended
          > > she was, and I did find it kind of funny.
          > > She got so worked up and had to leave the movie.
          > > And after I paid good money to see it.....
          >
          > Freyja,
          >
          > What can I say?>>

          What can you say about what?

          <<I grew up with it.>>