Re: A notion called Time

  • texasbg2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Sandeep
      <sandeepc@b...> wrote:

      > For something , aka phenomenality, .......to be cognized it must
      have volume to be detected, hence the needs the construct of "space"
      and further it must be extended in duration, hence needs the
      construct of "time".

      > The space-time construct, "born" simultaneously with the "birth" of
      phenomenality, is an inference, a notion, an ideation.

      > Why so?
      >
      > Let's take Time.
      >
      > And let's approach this construct from the world of Science.
      >
      > Quantum Mechanics states...
      >

      > When we are dealing with waves, we have a different rule. The
      superposition principle is one that is obeyed by all waves in
      material media provided their amplitudes are not too great, and is
      rigorously obeyed by all electromagnetic waves and quantum waves. It
      says that the net wave amplitude or height at any point in space is
      equal to the algebraic sum of the heights of all of the contributing
      waves.

      > What this points to is that any single thought (and the action
      which may or may not result thereof), which "occurs" is the
      culmination of all thoughts ever taken, by any biological computer,
      (sentient manifested object) ever since phenomenon apparently came to
      be.

      > Hence is it the "mosaic" which thinks, not the individual entity
      which believes it his or her thought or his or her action.

      > Further Science concludes of a wave function with infinite
      possibilities and "thought" is nothing but a "collapse" of one of the
      possibility into a body-mind complex.

      > Ergo, the cause and effect, both are simultaneously existing and
      not sequential events in time.

      > The total picture already IS.
      >
      > So why is it that the apparatus of the "biological computer", the
      sentient human conditioned object called 'human", the wired psycho-
      somatic apparatus, has a sense of "time", with a past that happened
      before, a present happening now and a future that will happen in time
      different to the before and the now?

      > Imagine a painting 20 miles high and 20 miles long.
      >
      > The total painting already IS, but at any one point of time, we can
      only see one frame of that painting.

      > We then move and another frame appears in a radar screen.
      > The mnemonic impressions of the past frame, when it views the new
      frame, notices the changes, between the two.

      > And thus is born
      movement, "becoming", "evolution".......... "change"

      > And hence traveling from frame to frame,........... purely because
      of the limitation of our vision, the innate "wiring", the intrinsic
      architecture of the manifest object, ...............a sense of time
      is born.

      > But this sense of time is purely conceptual arising out of the very
      architecture of the design of the biological computer.

      > The total painting was always there, .........complete.
      >
      > The Total Picture, which includes, the sentient manifested object,
      viewing the frames, ........already IS.

      > With "metanoesis" in some rare and appropriately conditioned
      biological computer, which can only be acausal and non-volitional,
      and which we popularly call "awakening"
      or "enlightenment", .............the limitation is no more, the
      previous gestalt is no more, the two contextual constructs of time
      and space are no more.

      > For a sage or a Master, the whole picture is apperceived
      instantaneously.

      > Now if cause and effect are not separate in the sense of
      occurrences in linear sequential time, then what "becoming" is
      possible?

      > Today I am miserable seeker, and doing the practice of meditation,
      breathing techniques, or whatever, in order that I will become an
      enlightened sage.

      > What becoming is possible , in the context that cause and effect
      are both simultaneously existing, in the context that the whole
      Picture all ready IS.

      > The total picture all ready IS.
      >

      > And thus is "time" ,........ a notion, an ideation, an inference,
      arising out of the very architecture of manifestation.

      I liked this very much and wanted to add a few things.

      The relative effects of karma being described as already written
      cannot be confounded with the absolute now in order to make
      predestination reasonable. In other words, the Now is the repositry
      of every action ever taken and is the complete story. To say that
      there is sense that the future is already written is to forget that
      the future is an illusion.

      I will add a bit of the Uncertainty Principle here and say that
      observation alters the events. What I mean is that your description
      is very accurate if observed that is, considered, and non existent if
      ignored. Leaving only the Now.

      Yours in love,
      Bobby G.