Try This and Zen Learn Something

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
      About Trying

      Roshi Anshin placed a small box in his palm. "TRY to take it out of my
      hand." he said.

      The student reached out for the box and picked it up.

      "No . . . no." Anshin stopped her, "You didn't listen carefully. I
      said . . . TRY to take it out."

      She looked confused. She reached out for the box and slowly picked it
      up again..

      "No. . . :) I said TRY." Anshin smiled.

      She was even more confused . . . she reached out for the box and
      couldn't decide whether to take it out or not.

      A broad grin appeared on Anshin's face.

      "You see . . . it is impossible. :) There is no such thing as TRY . .
      . there is only DO or NOT DO."
    • Swami-G
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2003

        .