(no subject)

  • asligallo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
             Hi, please tell me what you think about the paragraph below.  I started meditating a few months ago and I've some paranormal abilities.  I want to learn more about them.
             Thank you.
             Asli

      <<Motoyama has conducted scientific research into the chakras with the aid of two electric instruments he developed. He concludes that the activation of the chakras by concentrating on them leads not only to the development of certain paranormal powers, but also to a greater risk of functional disorders in the internal organs connected with the chakras that have been aroused. He points out that overuse of the paranormal ability of one chakra is likely to cause abnormality or disease in the internal organ controlled by that chakra, and may even lead to an early death. >>

      <<At this stage in our evolution, it is preferable to try to understand the rationale of paranormal powers rather than to develop them in ourselves.>>
    • Swami-G
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003
        asligallo@a... wrote:

        > Hi, please tell me what you think about the paragraph
        below. I
        > started meditating a few months ago and I've some
        paranormal abilities. I want to
        > learn more about them.
        > Thank you.
        > Asli

        SG: are you attempting to develop paranormal powers or is
        your goal something else ?

        i don't advocate attempting to develop powers as they
        don't bring inner peace nor joy .... they are short lived
        sidelines on the way to self realization......

        yes things do develop and one then makes a choice to
        continue to attempt to develop them or to see beyond
        their temporary attractions to put the attention on more
        important endeavors.......