Sharing Love (was Beautiful Diwali...)

  • Lady Joyce
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28, 2003

      From: Swami-G
      Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 4:24 PM
      Subject: [Meditation Society of America] Beautiful Diwali ----- Sharing Love and Forgiveness

      Dear Swamiji:

      While the beauty and meaning of the symbolism in your Diwali post may be evident to many on the list,
      perhaps some of the newer members would appreciate and benefit from your explanation
      and further discourse on some of what I have reposted below.

      I for one am fascinated with your comment at the end...
      whatever the form, it is Wife to Consciousness...
      OM Namah Shivaya

      Joyce

      Namaste -

      Darkness engulfs like a cloak of fear ------ surrendering the
      blinding light appears beyond that is her husband .....
      the holy of holies........   dissolving into Primal and Pristine
      Consciousness......   No light -----  No dark ----  No world ---
      No me -------   Nothing there but that Infinite Holy Seed .....
      Unborn ----  Forever Pure ----  Forever Infinite Potential --- Forever
      the Unknowing beyond Knowledge.......

      We are then simply the movements of Shakti's dance...... playing
      the roles doled out in measure........   whatever the form it is Wife
      to Consciousness.....

      The Gunas revolve.....   minds direct and hold within separation
      keeping the gunas in place..........   or release and dance as the
      Hermit the Shiva Nataraja ........     His dance is one that is
      unmoved by what comes or goes........    Shakti is the beauty of
      coming and going the giver of the ornaments and the Ornament
      Itself.....

      there has never been anything to fear except our own dramas so
      Come and join the dance......    in freedom ...... and  Love.....
      there is no one to dance with except Self......

    • Swami-G
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Lady
        Joyce" <shaantih@c...> wrote:

        > Dear Swamiji:
        Namaste and Good Morning -

        * While the beauty and meaning of the symbolism in your
        Diwali post may be evident to many on the list, perhaps some
        of the newer members would appreciate and benefit from your
        explanation and further discourse on some of what I have
        reposted below.

        > I for one am fascinated with your comment at the end...
        > whatever the form, it is Wife to Consciousness...
        > OM Namah Shivaya
        >
        > Joyce

        SG: my there is so much that could be espoused on this
        subject....... but where to jump in at ? well let's just see what
        flows this morning..... hahahahahahah i am as much a witness
        to what comes as anyone else ........ does this mean that it is
        being *channeled * ? No ...... it flows from the Central Source
        of Being out of the stillness when the rational mind receeds and
        disolves into the Cosmic Awareness......

        so let's start from what you have chosen to repost and see if
        some clarification comes forward.....

        rp: > Namaste -

        rp: > Darkness engulfs like a cloak of fear ------

        SG: ok ..... this is from my own experience .... it reached a
        point where i had gone as far as able on my own..... i was
        experiencing Bliss for the most part and no feeling of body
        consciousness ...... was more like a bubble floating along......
        when body consciousness appeared it was as if the
        consciousness was outside of the body and being like a
        puppeteer ...... but within all this still the state was not stable.....
        There were still the moments where emotions would rise up and
        become a feeling of me ........ so i recognised that there was
        still something in place which was not liberation...... at this point
        there was complete and total exhaustion....... this deep abiding
        knowledge rose up that i had gone as far as possible and the
        rest would come only by Grace........ i sank down on the banks
        of the Ganges where this Great and Overwhelming fear arose......
        it was this feeling of one more step and total Extinction will
        be....... it was a moment of choice to either Surrender or pull
        back into self control ....... sharon chose Surrender ........ 100%
        in the face of this terror ...... i Knew it was the only way to
        uncover the Truth .... in that moment this darkness engulfed me
        the last threads of sharon and her story......... like a cloak .......
        there was no more cognition of the world ...... and now we
        move on........

        rp: surrendering the blinding light appears

        SG: yes...... a brilliant light is there and even that is passed
        through as it is the primal point of Shakti ..... Energy ---- Mind --
        Movement ..... the last vestige of the 5 senses and subtle seeing
        ........ All the world is composed of Mind and Energy which
        moves into patterns of cohesiveness like ying and yang.......
        the last vestiges of I AM are felt here......... Creator/Creation.....
        it is very quick ...... only in reflecting later one attempts to put it
        into words ....... but words are so limited ....... but this is the
        process of death before death ..... the so-called death which
        removes the illusion of death forever ..... this is the process.....
        where the personal story slides away with it's baggage --- it ends
        like an old movie with a script that was never true...... disolves
        into the ever present Source which is our Real and essential Self
        ....... the rest was an illusionary fabrication of minds delusion
        and ignorance mistaking the by-product for the Self......

        rp: beyond that is her husband ..... the holy of holies........
        dissolving into Primal and Pristine Consciousness...... No light
        ----- No dark ---- No world --- No me ------- Nothing there but
        that Infinite Holy Seed ..... Unborn ---- Forever Pure ---- Forever
        Infinite Potential --- Forever the Unknowing beyond
        Knowledge.......

        SG: yes..... there is a story about Mirabai who was a very
        devoted woman .... she would see only Krishna and only God.......
        going to the temple she wanted to go into the innner sanctum .....
        the temple priests wanted to barr her way ....... saying that no
        women are allowed ..... she said that all people are women to
        God.... God is the only man...... the priests were stunned with
        this revlelation and she in fact did go and dance in front of
        Krishna ......

        All phenomena is Shakti or movement which is form and
        subtle form of energy ....... it is with that which creation is
        perceived and percievable...... beyond that is the Still Point
        around which all revolves...... it is from that still point which all
        emmerges and is sustained by ..... within this in that moment of
        surrender there is no cognition of an *I* .... it has never been
        there and yet this is the Essense of all being....... there is in that
        moment only Source ....... it is REAL..... so much more than the
        divisionary world ....... it is forever as it IS..... if the world ends in
        a heartbeat it doesn't matter for still this Eternal Essense IS......
        it cannot be related in words ....... it is beyond the
        comprehension of rational mind...... it is as if one disolves the
        personal identity into this vast Ocean of IS........ the unreality of
        the illusory story is no more........ the consciousness makes a
        leap by being stripped of all the relative knowledge and
        subsides into what St. John of the Cross relates as the
        Unknowing which is beyond all Knowledge....... why ? why is
        this liberating ? simply because the Only one that has Eternal
        Existence is THIS Essense which makes the world possible......
        ( it is forever subject Self and object persona revolves around it )
        and it is Known in that moment to be the very Core of Being.....
        This Primal Essense is forever Pure and untouched by whatever
        story arises like a tornado around the eye of the storm ...... the
        eye of the storm is untouched by the very movements that arise
        around it ........ it makes the storm possible but has no
        relationship with the storms activitiy........ such is the closest i
        can come to giving words that can approximate this
        understanding....... this living reality .......

        rp> We are then simply the movements of Shakti's dance......
        playing the roles doled out in measure........ whatever the form it
        is Wife to Consciousness.....

        SG: The Wife in this case is Activity the Consciousness that is
        Married with divisionary experience... ...... the beauty ...... the
        fragrance ...... without the husband or this Primal Seed of Being
        it could not exist ...... the husband or Pimal Essense is Always
        Present ..... and this eternal marriage is the Dance of Life........
        it is such a beautiful mystery .... how the world rises from this
        Essense is the forever mystery ...... it simply is ..... how the
        divisionary dance appears is a mystery which no sage can
        explain....... it simply is........

        We can though enter into Cosmic Consciousness and then have
        this liberated dance by moving into this 0 point balance which is
        Knowing with Absolute Consciousness this Primal Essense as
        the Core and then the personal individualization is called the
        wife .......

        rp: > The Gunas revolve..... minds direct and hold within
        separation keeping the gunas in place.......... or release and
        dance as the Hermit the Shiva Nataraja ........ His dance is one
        that is unmoved by what comes or goes........ Shakti is the
        beauty of coming and going the giver of the ornaments and the
        Ornament Itself.....

        SG: yes..... what happens is one goes from only the
        awareness of the exterior happenings..... or form .....

        then moves forward where one can have this cosmic
        consciousness opening and then sees primarily that singular
        Source and the rest becomes as an epemeral play .......
        one does not negate the other but the shift happens where the
        Eternal is Known and the fear of any transient comings and
        goings is known to be simply the illusory play which is the
        ornament of the Eternal Source or Self ......

        rp: > there has never been anything to fear except our own
        dramas so Come and join the dance...... in freedom ...... and
        Love..... there is no one to dance with except Self......

        SG: yes there is not Self and existence ...... all existence
        stems from Self...... it is Self ..... what causes fear is not
        knowing the Eternal core Being which is Eternally Pure and
        Unchanging...... it is the Wholeness of our I AM ..... it has
        within it the potential to bring forth whatever the conscious mind
        can conceive of as all phenomena is simply moving patterns of
        energy infused with consciousness.......

        i hope this has brought some clarity and not simply more
        confusion...... i am not eloquent when it comes to attempting to
        bring forth in words this great mystery which is only unlocked as
        one surrenders totally to that stillness and center core within......

        a shift happens from awareness of an object or story to the
        Freedom of the Subject or Self which allows the story to play
        out...... when the illusory story of ignorance falls then simply the
        Self remains as the paramount Knowing and liberation ......

        Om
      • angelicspirit2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2003
          Namaste,
          Thank you for the information on Diwali and to those
          who have hand fed me in knowledge on this beautiful
          Holiday both personally and on this list. Celebration
          and reverence to all.

          Purity and awe in all that is part of the universe.

          Blessings with peace and love,
          TW

          =====
          "Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson