Picture

  • Onniko
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003
      That is a cute baby. There's another picture in there I noticed; an
      interesting painting called Melody on the Mountain. Is there a story
      behind that?
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko"
        <onniko@y...> wrote:
        > That is a cute baby. There's another picture in there I noticed; an
        > interesting painting called Melody on the Mountain. Is there a story
        > behind that?

        Dear Onniko,
        It's by Bobby G, and yes, I think is dedicated to and
        named after the same Melody who posts on several internet
        groups dealing with consciousness. More of Bobby G's
        great art can be found at his site
        http://www.mentaltree.com/
      • texasbg2000
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003
          <onniko@y...> wrote:
          > That is a cute baby. There's another picture in there I noticed; an
          > interesting painting called Melody on the Mountain. Is there a
          story
          > behind that?

          Hi Onniko:

          A little bit of a story. Melody and I were corresponding at the same
          time I was finishing that painting. I needed a name and it seemed
          right. It was the right note of mystery and the excahge was very
          beautiful.

          I was painting here in my hometown in Texas and spied the little girl
          and her sister playing with a new puppy. They were playing around me
          while I painted and I took a photo to remember. The painting was a
          blessing.

          Love,
          Bobby G.
        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003

            > A little bit of a story. Melody and I were corresponding at the
            same
            > time I was finishing that painting. I needed a name and it seemed
            > right. It was the right note of mystery and the excahge was very
            > beautiful.
            >
            > I was painting here in my hometown in Texas and spied the little
            girl
            > and her sister playing with a new puppy. They were playing around
            me
            > while I painted and I took a photo to remember. The painting was a
            > blessing.
            >
            > Love,
            > Bobby G.

            devi: bobby, i was blown away by your paintings...and after looking
            at all yours i went to your teachers site and was blown away again..i
            wish i could take some lessons from you....so inspiring...a painter
            and a yogi.
          • texasbg2000
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, devianandi
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > > A little bit of a story. Melody and I were corresponding at the
              > same
              > > time I was finishing that painting. I needed a name and it
              seemed
              > > right. It was the right note of mystery and the excahge was very
              > > beautiful.
              > >
              > > I was painting here in my hometown in Texas and spied the little
              > girl
              > > and her sister playing with a new puppy. They were playing
              around
              > me
              > > while I painted and I took a photo to remember. The painting was
              > > blessing.
              > >
              > > Love,
              > > Bobby G.
              >
              > devi: bobby, i was blown away by your paintings...and after looking
              > at all yours i went to your teachers site and was blown away
              again..i
              > wish i could take some lessons from you....so inspiring...a painter
              > and a yogi.

              Thanks Devi. Here is the advice. Keep meditatiing and keep
              painting. If the universed wants you to get better you will.

              Love
              Bobby G.
            • Onniko
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003

                Thanks for the site address, Bob. Bobby G, I love your paintings. I
                added the address to my favorites list. The one in the photo album
                here caught my attention and I found myself kind of mesmerized by
                it, not just the interesting kind of mysterious quality but also I
                just really liked the way it was painted. It's a very sensuous
                realism that a viewer can just wrap their tactile brain around and
                step right into your beautiful world.

                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko"
                > <onniko@y...> wrote:
                > > That is a cute baby. There's another picture in there I noticed;
                an
                > > interesting painting called Melody on the Mountain. Is there a
                story
                > > behind that?
                >
                > Dear Onniko,
                > It's by Bobby G, and yes, I think is dedicated to and
                > named after the same Melody who posts on several internet
                > groups dealing with consciousness. More of Bobby G's
                > great art can be found at his site
                > http://www.mentaltree.com/
              • texasbg2000
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 27, 2003
                  <onniko@y...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for the site address, Bob. Bobby G, I love your paintings. I
                  > added the address to my favorites list. The one in the photo album
                  > here caught my attention and I found myself kind of mesmerized by
                  > it, not just the interesting kind of mysterious quality but also I
                  > just really liked the way it was painted. It's a very sensuous
                  > realism that a viewer can just wrap their tactile brain around and
                  > step right into your beautiful world.

                  Thank you Onniko. I will hold your warm words close on the cold
                  nights to come.

                  Love
                  Bobby G.

                  > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                  > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Onniko"
                  > > <onniko@y...> wrote:
                  > > > That is a cute baby. There's another picture in there I
                  noticed;
                  > an
                  > > > interesting painting called Melody on the Mountain. Is there a
                  > story
                  > > > behind that?
                  > >
                  > > Dear Onniko,
                  > > It's by Bobby G, and yes, I think is dedicated to and
                  > > named after the same Melody who posts on several internet
                  > > groups dealing with consciousness. More of Bobby G's
                  > > great art can be found at his site
                  > > http://www.mentaltree.com/
                • devianandi
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 28, 2003
                    bobby: your so inspiring...a painter
                    > > and a yogi.
                    >
                    > Thanks Devi. Here is the advice. Keep meditatiing and keep
                    > painting. If the universed wants you to get better you will.
                    >
                    > Love
                    > Bobby G.

                    thanks bobby, thats good advice and i tell myself the same thing
                    quite often...like i said i really need to take some lessons and i
                    have been feeling like that for a long time, and last month, the
                    universe provided me with jeanette la cru, she's becoming a popular
                    painter here in norther california, who gave a free demo at a gallery
                    around here,,i stood there for about two hours just watching her
                    paint..(i was the only one)..hey are you interested in putting some
                    of your work in a prestigous gallery in a resort and spa town here?
                    i'd love to represent you in california. how about it? smiles
                  • devianandi
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 28, 2003
                      If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

                      Happy moments, praise God.
                      Difficult moments, seek God.
                      Quiet moments, worship God.
                      Painful moments, trust God.
                      Every moment, thank God.

                      Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
                      You will receive a miracle tomorrow (just do it)
                    • texasbg2000
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 28, 2003
                        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                        > bobby: your so inspiring...a painter
                        > > > and a yogi.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks Devi. Here is the advice. Keep meditatiing and keep
                        > > painting. If the universed wants you to get better you will.
                        > >
                        > > Love
                        > > Bobby G.
                        >
                        > thanks bobby, thats good advice and i tell myself the same thing
                        > quite often...like i said i really need to take some lessons and i
                        > have been feeling like that for a long time, and last month, the
                        > universe provided me with jeanette la cru, she's becoming a popular
                        > painter here in norther california, who gave a free demo at a
                        gallery
                        > around here,,i stood there for about two hours just watching her
                        > paint..(i was the only one)..hey are you interested in putting some
                        > of your work in a prestigous gallery in a resort and spa town here?
                        > i'd love to represent you in california. how about it? smiles

                        Northern Cal sounds great. I was off to visit Oregon Four years ago
                        when I was halted by the beauty of Moab Utah and then Wyoming and
                        then New Mexico. so years later I still have that to do.

                        Do You think those paintings of the west would go over there where
                        you are? I still have them all, I never sell anything.
                        Bobby G.
                      • devianandi
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 29, 2003

                          > Northern Cal sounds great. I was off to visit Oregon Four years
                          ago
                          > when I was halted by the beauty of Moab Utah and then Wyoming and
                          > then New Mexico. so years later I still have that to do.
                          >
                          > Do You think those paintings of the west would go over there where
                          > you are? I still have them all, I never sell anything.
                          > Bobby G.

                          devi:

                          http://www.leeyoungmangalleries.com/

                          this is one of the more prestigous galleries around here.maybe take a
                          look and see if you compare..some of your landscapes seem *generic*,
                          in other words they look like they could be california
                          scenerey...thats a good thing...theres a lady named camille that
                          studied for five years with your teacher henshe...why haven't you
                          sold your paintings? when you paint, do you paint with the
                          thought ..what will the public buy?....i noticed that you have one
                          painiting, is it a mission,?,,it looked very good but i couldn't get
                          it enlarged,,theres a woman here gail salituri who makes a fortune
                          selling paintings of missions....are your paintings framed? do you
                          have any 9x12s?
                        • texasbg2000
                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 29, 2003
                            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

                            > > Northern Cal sounds great. I was off to visit Oregon Four years
                            > ago
                            > > when I was halted by the beauty of Moab Utah and then Wyoming and
                            > > then New Mexico. so years later I still have that to do.
                            > >
                            > > Do You think those paintings of the west would go over there
                            where
                            > > you are? I still have them all, I never sell anything.
                            > > Bobby G.
                            >
                            > devi:
                            >
                            > http://www.leeyoungmangalleries.com/
                            >
                            > this is one of the more prestigous galleries around here.maybe take
                            > look and see if you compare..some of your landscapes seem
                            *generic*,
                            > in other words they look like they could be california
                            > scenerey...thats a good thing...theres a lady named camille that
                            > studied for five years with your teacher henshe...why haven't you
                            > sold your paintings? when you paint, do you paint with the
                            > thought ..what will the public buy?....i noticed that you have one
                            > painiting, is it a mission,?,,it looked very good but i couldn't
                            get
                            > it enlarged,,theres a woman here gail salituri who makes a fortune
                            > selling paintings of missions....are your paintings framed? do you
                            > have any 9x12s?

                            Hi Devi:

                            Thank you for looking into that and getting the link.

                            It is not that I never sell but I seldom do. I do mostly commissions
                            and the paintings that I post here are just for myself. I have
                            gravitated more towards the painting for myself so much now that a
                            gallery would be good. Things change you know and life is long. It
                            is good to take new directions sometimes. Perhaps that gallery will
                            want my work and I will move there for the rest of life. Who knows?

                            In fact my definition of enlightenment is knowing everything is new.

                            And yes I have lots of framed pieces. I made most of them. I like
                            frames but I am not good at making them.

                            And dozens of small pieces.

                            And large ones. I will past a large on in the photos section from
                            Arches.

                            Thanks again for your interest.

                            Love,
                            Bobby G.
                          • Jim Clark
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 29, 2003

                              Hello group,

                              As your newest addition to this society, I don't know much about you, but just in case it is appropriate that I introduce myself I shall attempt to do so.

                              I was born in 1948, grew up in Oklahoma City, a fairly regular attendee of a Southern Baptist Church until I went away to college at the University of Texas at Austin as a Math Major. My attendance was made possible via an NROTC scholarship; thus, after graduating I served my obligatory sentence as a Naval Officer, including two tours in Viet Nam. During that period I became a fan of the writings of a various mystics, most especially Alan Watts. I spent my last tour in San Diego where I broadened my interests to other writers, including Lawrence LeShan, Jane Roberts, Edgar Cayce, Ouspenski, etc. I attended as many lectures and classes on psychic phenomenon and similar topics as I could; I also took up Yoga, studied as many religions, philosophies, and practiced as many exercises as my little mind could endure. I have had enough psychic experiences to know that they are genuine, and believe strongly in the value of meditation.

                              I am currently a Senior Software Engineer living alone in Los Angeles, California.

                              I have attempted through the years to be self-critical so as to assure steady, balanced, growth, yet have succeeded in experiencing my share of madness and “folly”. I continue to strive for enough stability to be meaningful, without losing the ability to explore interesting new ideas. Tolerance of everyone else’s point of view is the means by which I assure my continued ability to piss virtually everyone off.

                              My favorite quote is by the Mathematician and Philosopher Alfred North Whitehead:

                              “The Universe is vast. Nothing is more curious than the self-satisfied dogmatism with which mankind at each period of its history cherishes the delusion of the finality of existing modes of knowledge. Skeptics and believers are alike. At this moment scientists and skeptics are the leading dogmatists. Advance in detail is admitted; fundamental novelty is barred. This dogmatic common sense is the death of philosophic adventure. The Universe is vast.”

                              I look forward to hearing from those of you willing to share your ideas and experiences.

                              Jim

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 29, 2003
                                Dear Jim,
                                I really enjoyed your intro, and appreciate all you so eloquently
                                shared. The quote by Whitehead is new to me, and it's "A" quality.
                                Actually, although it's very "deep", it also made me smile as I
                                witnessed it bringing thoughts similar to "Tell it like it is
                                brother!" to mind. Anyway, I hope this is just the start of an ongoing
                                mutual exploration of consciousness evolution, or some similar
                                adjective. I'm glad you're here. Welcome.

                              • carolina112900
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 30, 2003
                                  --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Clark"
                                  <jclark310@c...> wrote:
                                  > Hello group,

                                  Hello Jim,

                                  I enjoyed reading your introduction
                                  and glad you shared some of your
                                  story.

                                  > As your newest addition to this society, I don't know much about
                                  you, but
                                  > just in case it is appropriate that I introduce myself I shall
                                  attempt to do
                                  > so.
                                  >

                                  > I was born in 1948, grew up in Oklahoma City, a fairly regular
                                  attendee of a
                                  > Southern Baptist Church until I went away to college at the
                                  University of
                                  > Texas at Austin as a Math Major. My attendance was made possible
                                  via an
                                  > NROTC scholarship; thus, after graduating I served my obligatory
                                  sentence as
                                  > a Naval Officer, including two tours in Viet Nam. During that
                                  period I
                                  > became a fan of the writings of a various mystics, most especially
                                  Alan
                                  > Watts. I spent my last tour in San Diego where I broadened my
                                  interests to
                                  > other writers, including Lawrence LeShan, Jane Roberts, Edgar Cayce,
                                  > Ouspenski, etc. I attended as many lectures and classes on psychic
                                  > phenomenon and similar topics as I could; I also took up Yoga,
                                  studied as
                                  > many religions, philosophies, and practiced as many exercises as my
                                  little
                                  > mind could endure. I have had enough psychic experiences to know
                                  that they
                                  > are genuine, and believe strongly in the value of meditation.

                                  Can you talk more about your knowledge that
                                  psychic experiences are genuine. Do you
                                  think that they mean anything other than
                                  what the basic human senses provide?

                                  What do you feel is the value of meditation?

                                  > I am currently a Senior Software Engineer living alone in Los
                                  Angeles,
                                  > California.
                                  >

                                  > I have attempted through the years to be self-critical so as to
                                  assure
                                  > steady, balanced, growth, yet have succeeded in experiencing my
                                  share of
                                  > madness and "folly". I continue to strive for enough stability to be
                                  > meaningful, without losing the ability to explore interesting new
                                  ideas.

                                  > Tolerance of everyone else's point of view is the means by which I
                                  assure my
                                  > continued ability to piss virtually everyone off.

                                  That is interesting how you put that.
                                  And is a good discussion starter...tolerance.
                                  Can you say more about how you piss everyone
                                  off as a result of your tolerance?
                                  How do you know they are pissed off?
                                  It is always interesting to me how we
                                  interpret other's reactions.

                                  > My favorite quote is by the Mathematician and Philosopher Alfred
                                  North
                                  > Whitehead:
                                  >
                                  > "The Universe is vast. Nothing is more curious than the self-
                                  satisfied
                                  > dogmatism with which mankind at each period of its history
                                  cherishes the
                                  > delusion of the finality of existing modes of knowledge. Skeptics
                                  and
                                  > believers are alike. At this moment scientists and skeptics are the
                                  leading
                                  > dogmatists. Advance in detail is admitted; fundamental novelty is
                                  barred.
                                  > This dogmatic common sense is the death of philosophic adventure.
                                  The
                                  > Universe is vast."

                                  I would love to hear more about why this
                                  is your favorite quote....what does it mean
                                  to you?

                                  Thank you and welcome, Jim

                                  blessings,

                                  Freyja

                                  > I look forward to hearing from those of you willing to share your
                                  ideas and
                                  > experiences.
                                  >
                                  > Jim

                                  Service.
                                • Swami-G
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 30, 2003
                                    Clark" <jclark310@c...> wrote:
                                    > Hello group,
                                    >

                                    > Tolerance of everyone else's point of view is the means by
                                    which I assure my continued ability to piss virtually everyone off.

                                    SG: why do you see this as an ability to piss everyone off ?

                                    this is an interesting statement .....

                                    Om in love
                                  • jimedclark
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 30, 2003
                                      Bob, Freyja, and Om; thanks for the welcome.

                                      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "carolina112900"
                                      <freyjartist@a...> wrote:

                                      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Clark" >
                                      Can you talk more about your knowledge that
                                      > psychic experiences are genuine. Do you
                                      > think that they mean anything other than
                                      > what the basic human senses provide?

                                      Psychic experiences definitely provide more than the five senses. I
                                      assure you that I was as skeptical as I could reasonably be with
                                      regard to these events, but in time there was no question in my mind.

                                      Yet, I feel compelled to add, that in my view (in part thanks to my
                                      readings), I have come to the conclusion that the importance of these
                                      events is essentially to awaken us to the fact that we live in a much
                                      bigger universe than we are inclined to realize otherwise, and that
                                      our potential for growth is likewise grander. Lawrence LeShann
                                      pointed out in "Mediums, Mystics, and Physicists: Toward a New Theory
                                      of the Paranormal" that psychic manifestations were fairly common
                                      among students who performed mental work under Zen Masters, for
                                      example. The masters typically regarded these "side effects" as means
                                      by which our lower selves distract us from the more important goal of
                                      the meditation exercises. This brings me to the next question:

                                      > What do you feel is the value of meditation?

                                      Meditation serves many purposes, not the least of which is to bring
                                      us into greater "being", that is, to become more a person whose
                                      actions are based on our personal conscious choices rather than on
                                      mechanical programming. Pardon me if I sound like the software
                                      engineer I am, but I think of it as a means of strengthening
                                      our "main routines" and minimizing negative imagination and low
                                      priority interrupts.

                                      > > Tolerance of everyone else's point of view is the means by which
                                      > assure my
                                      > > continued ability to piss virtually everyone off.
                                      > >

                                      > That is interesting how you put that.
                                      > And is a good discussion starter...tolerance.
                                      > Can you say more about how you piss everyone
                                      > off as a result of your tolerance?
                                      > How do you know they are pissed off?
                                      > It is always interesting to me how we
                                      > interpret other's reactions.

                                      I was partly just trying to be funny. Hopefully, I don't make that
                                      many people angry anymore, since I now generally try to keep my ideas
                                      to myself. What I meant by that is basically I am usually too
                                      scientific and analytical for the "true believers", and too mystical
                                      for the scientists. My negative experiences were usually with those
                                      who wanted me to be open to their ideas to the exclusion of others,
                                      and I am cautious about buying into that. As Sri Aurubindo said, "The
                                      more you insist on the truth of an assertion the louder its opposite
                                      screams for acknowledgement."

                                      What signs do they give of negative feelings? It depends on which
                                      group I piss off: skeptics and pseudo-scientists compare me with
                                      those who would buy from snake-oil salesmen, or believe in the Easter
                                      bunny, etc. while fundamentalists sometimes play head-games speaking
                                      loudly against those who would dare question "God's Word."

                                      > > My favorite quote is by the Mathematician and Philosopher Alfred
                                      > North
                                      > > Whitehead:
                                      > >
                                      > > "The Universe is vast. Nothing is more curious than the self-
                                      > satisfied
                                      > > dogmatism with which mankind at each period of its history
                                      > cherishes the
                                      > > delusion of the finality of existing modes of knowledge. Skeptics
                                      > and
                                      > > believers are alike. At this moment scientists and skeptics are
                                      the
                                      > leading
                                      > > dogmatists. Advance in detail is admitted; fundamental novelty is
                                      > barred.
                                      > > This dogmatic common sense is the death of philosophic adventure.
                                      > The
                                      > > Universe is vast."
                                      > >

                                      > I would love to hear more about why this
                                      > is your favorite quote....what does it mean
                                      > to you?

                                      For example, I've spoken to many people lately who identify
                                      themselves with "true scientific" thinking. They may be open to the
                                      idea that science has a long way to go, that we will forever find new
                                      paradigms and must always be willing to explore possibilities; they
                                      may even accept the possibility that so-called the "paranormal"
                                      events such as precognition or telepathy do in fact occur. They then
                                      insist, however, that the paranormal can be explained as an extension
                                      of the known senses and/or physical laws, under no circumstances is
                                      it possible that spirits exist, or that the universe is "aware". No
                                      matter how much evidence, personal testimony, etc. I present, I hear
                                      the same old responses I used to use when I was a well-trained
                                      skeptic. Unless it is written up in a scientific journal somewhere,
                                      it didn't happen. In my view, these people live in caves, and I have
                                      no doubt that this view is reciprocated.

                                      Best regards,

                                      Jim
                                    • Swami-G
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 30, 2003
                                        "jimedclark" <jclark310@c...> wrote:
> [...]
                                        they
                                        > may even accept the possibility that so-called the "paranormal"
                                        > events such as precognition or telepathy do in fact occur. They
                                        then
                                        > insist, however, that the paranormal can be explained as an
                                        extension
                                        > of the known senses and/or physical laws, under no
                                        circumstances is
                                        > it possible that spirits exist, or that the universe is "aware". No
                                        > matter how much evidence, personal testimony, etc. I present, I
                                        hear
                                        > the same old responses I used to use when I was a
                                        well-trained
                                        > skeptic. Unless it is written up in a scientific journal
                                        somewhere,
                                        > it didn't happen. In my view, these people live in caves, and I
                                        have
                                        > no doubt that this view is reciprocated.

                                        SG: wherever your attention is pointing that is the avenue
                                        open for exploration..... from that point of openness
                                        the creative mind expands.......

                                        or the avenue willing to be heard as it is the point of
                                        referance for that conditional self image ........ if it holds
                                        ones self image in place then it is the *right* one......

                                        sometimes one exchanges one set of conditioned
                                        response for another......

                                        eventually they begin to crumble in the light of day and
                                        a whole new paradigm emerges .......

                                        as long as revolving phenomena is the focal point
                                        then there is no stable point of referance other than the
                                        current set of belief's and one is apt
                                        to do this motion of standing on a roller board
                                        identity while juggling the latest mental conceptulization...

                                        meditation stops the frenetic action..... the juggling
                                        stops....... one steps off the board and begins to
                                        see what has always been right here ...... it comes into
                                        focus and clarity now that the attention isn't being
                                        diverted to image balance or mental jugglings......

                                        what is left ? just walking and enjoying the freedom
                                        of being unencumbered by the juggling act ......
                                      • carolina112900
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 31, 2003
                                          Jim,

                                          Thank you for taking the time
                                          to expand on these topics.

                                          We all have a story/stories :-)

                                          As Joan Tollifson wrote,

                                          "Stories make apparent sense out of
                                          what would otherwise be incomprehensible.
                                          They give meaning and importance to the
                                          fiction of myself and all that I identify
                                          with: my family, my civilization, my
                                          ethnic group, my political leanings, my
                                          sexual orientation, my subculture, my
                                          gender, my generation. Stories are entertaining.
                                          God apparently enjoys drama, play, hide and seek,
                                          lost and found.

                                          Sometimes a story helps to expose and dissolve
                                          limitations; sometimes it creates and reinforces
                                          them. Stories can lull us to sleep or wake us
                                          up, reveal truth or conceal it. The same story
                                          can serve different functions at different moments.
                                          It's a great art to discern when a story can serve
                                          different functions at different moments. It's
                                          a great art to discern when a story is breaking
                                          open the heart and waking us up, and when it is
                                          lulling us to sleep, perpetuating illusion and
                                          generating suffering. Likewise, it is a
                                          great art to discern the difference between
                                          actuality and concept. The conceptual filters
                                          through which we think about everything are so
                                          ubiquitous and so seemingly real that it's easy
                                          to mistake them for actuality. No separate,
                                          independent, solid thing really exists, except,
                                          apparently, in the story."

                                          Your presence is a nice addition here.

                                          cheers,
                                          Freyja

                                          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jimedclark"

                                        • Jim Clark
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 31, 2003
                                            Freyja,

                                            Thanks. I am hoping to hear stories from others here. I've heard many from others over the years and they never cease to fascinate me.

                                            Jim

                                            <jclark310@c...> wrote:
> [...]

                                            new
                                            > paradigms and must always be willing to explore possibilities; they
                                            > may even accept the possibility that so-called the "paranormal"
                                            > events such as precognition or telepathy do in fact occur. They
                                            then
                                            > insist, however, that the paranormal can be explained as an
                                            extension
                                            > of the known senses and/or physical laws, under no circumstances is
                                            > it possible that spirits exist, or that the universe is "aware". No
                                            > matter how much evidence, personal testimony, etc. I present, I
                                            hear
                                            > the same old responses I used to use when I was a well-trained
                                            > skeptic. Unless it is written up in a scientific journal somewhere,
                                            > it didn't happen. In my view, these people live in caves, and I
                                            have
                                            > no doubt that this view is reciprocated.

                                          • Sandy
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Nov 5, 2003
                                              Welcome Jim, I am new to the list as well, and also live in So. CA. I
                                              think this is going to be a great list to be part of.

                                              Hugs,

                                              Sandy