RE: [Meditation Society of America] "My friend is dead! What can I do?"

  • Brian Archer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
      Thank you so much. I needed that lesson today.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
        As posted by Nels in a Power Of Now site:

        Sue from Norway sent me this awhile back.

        When you're at peace, you radiate a different kind of energy than
        when you're stressed or depressed. The more peaceful you become, the
        easier you can deflect the negative energies of those you encounter..
        this is like having an invisible shield around you that nothing can
        penetrate unless it's at a higher spiritual energy than your shield.
        A hostile current is greeted with a smile and inner knowing that this
        is not your stuff. A person who attempts to bring you into their
        misery cannot succeed without your agreement. Your meditation
        practice keeps you immune.

        Not only can you deflect the negativity of those around you, but your
        sense of peace will bring others into harmony with you. Studies have
        been done to measure the serotonin levels of those in the vicinity
        of meditators. Amazingly, just being in the energy field of those who
        meditate raises the serotonin levels of the observers. These
        implications are startling. the more you achieve peacefulness through
        meditation, the more your peaceful state impacts those around you.
        I find that my meditating not only calms me, but has a soothing
        affect on my family and those around me....

        Does anyone have any information on these studies? Does this reflect your
        personal experience?

        ...Tony
      • José Perez
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
          That seems to be my experience. Everytime I meditate, I become
          reaware of who I am and who I want to be. It strengthens my persona
          and I feel good about it. Therefore, I can easily deal with
          negative energies much better. Its been really helpful for getting
          me through all of the problems going on around me like layoffs,
          taxes, traffic, terrorist attacks...

          Achhaa,