"My friend is dead! What can I do?"

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2002
      As posted by Lobster in the Nasrudin Digest:

      Nasrudin is invited to go hunting.
      His new hunter friend teaches him
      many new skills; how to track,
      how to deal with wounded animals
      and so on.

      Suddenly the hunter falls to the ground.
      He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes
      are rolled back in his head.
      Nasrudin uses a mobile phone and
      calls the emergency services.

      He gasps to the operator,
      "We are out hunting in the woods
      and my friend is dead! What can I do?"

      The operator, in a calm soothing voice says,
      "Just take it easy. First, let's make sure he's dead."

      There's silence - then a shot is heard.
      Nasrudin comes back on the line and says,
      "OK, now what?"
    • Brian Archer
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
        Thank you so much. I needed that lesson today.
        As posted by Lobster in the Nasrudin Digest:

        Nasrudin is invited to go hunting.
        His new hunter friend teaches him
        many new skills; how to track,
        how to deal with wounded animals
        and so on.

        Suddenly the hunter falls to the ground.
        He doesn't seem to be breathing, his eyes
        are rolled back in his head.
        Nasrudin uses a mobile phone and
        calls the emergency services.

        He gasps to the operator,
        "We are out hunting in the woods
        and my friend is dead! What can I do?"

        The operator, in a calm soothing voice says,
        "Just take it easy. First, let's make sure he's dead."

        There's silence - then a shot is heard.
        Nasrudin comes back on the line and says,
        "OK, now what?"

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Tony
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
          As posted by Nels in a Power Of Now site:

          Sue from Norway sent me this awhile back.

          When you're at peace, you radiate a different kind of energy than
          when you're stressed or depressed. The more peaceful you become, the
          easier you can deflect the negative energies of those you encounter..
          this is like having an invisible shield around you that nothing can
          penetrate unless it's at a higher spiritual energy than your shield.
          A hostile current is greeted with a smile and inner knowing that this
          is not your stuff. A person who attempts to bring you into their
          misery cannot succeed without your agreement. Your meditation
          practice keeps you immune.

          Not only can you deflect the negativity of those around you, but your
          sense of peace will bring others into harmony with you. Studies have
          been done to measure the serotonin levels of those in the vicinity
          of meditators. Amazingly, just being in the energy field of those who
          meditate raises the serotonin levels of the observers. These
          implications are startling. the more you achieve peacefulness through
          meditation, the more your peaceful state impacts those around you.
          I find that my meditating not only calms me, but has a soothing
          affect on my family and those around me....

          Does anyone have any information on these studies? Does this reflect your
          personal experience?

          ...Tony
        • José Perez
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2002
            That seems to be my experience. Everytime I meditate, I become
            reaware of who I am and who I want to be. It strengthens my persona
            and I feel good about it. Therefore, I can easily deal with
            negative energies much better. Its been really helpful for getting
            me through all of the problems going on around me like layoffs,
            taxes, traffic, terrorist attacks...

            Achhaa,