Sarojini sent you a Yahoo! Greeting

  • Yoga@webworksinc.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003
      Surprise! You've just received a Yahoo! Greeting
      from "Sarojini" (Yoga@...)!

      To view this greeting card, click on the following
      Web address at anytime within the next 30 days.

      http://ca.view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?3REEVQRMH2U9D

      If that doesn't work, go to http://ca.view.greetings.yahoo.com/pickup and
      copy and paste this code:

      3REEVQRMH2U9D

      Enjoy!

      The Yahoo! Greetings Team

      -------------------------
      Yahoo! Greetings is a free service. If you'd like to send someone a
      Yahoo! Greeting, you can do so at http://ca.greetings.yahoo.com/

      New! SBC Yahoo! Dial... 1st Month Free & unlimited access.
      http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sbcyahoo/consumer/greettag/evt=639/*http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • devianandi
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003
        devi: oh my God, that was a great card...the black background the
        brilliant colors...would make a beautiful poster to hang in a home...
        i'll love to see more of what that artist created...
        Ganesh=remover of obstacles

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, Yoga@w... wrote:
        > Surprise! You've just received a Yahoo! Greeting
        > from "Sarojini" (Yoga@w...)!
        >
        > To view this greeting card, click on the following
        > Web address at anytime within the next 30 days.
        >
        > http://ca.view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?3REEVQRMH2U9D
        >
        > If that doesn't work, go to
        http://ca.view.greetings.yahoo.com/pickup and
        > copy and paste this code:
        >
        > 3REEVQRMH2U9D
        >
        > Enjoy!
        >
        > The Yahoo! Greetings Team
        >

        > -------------------------
        > Yahoo! Greetings is a free service. If you'd like to send someone a
        > Yahoo! Greeting, you can do so at http://ca.greetings.yahoo.com/
        >
        > New! SBC Yahoo! Dial... 1st Month Free & unlimited access.

        http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sbcyahoo/consumer/greettag/evt=639/*http://sbc.
        yahoo.com
      • Lady Joyce
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003
          Dear Sarojini and Devi and Diw-All-i:-)

          Yes, Devi it is beautiful and very nice of you to send, Sarojini :-)
          Also, a perfect choice for the beginning of a new year and new beginnings...

          ...Symbolism of Ganesha: Ganesha represents all that is grotesque and unusual in the world around a center of purity and divinity and in that synthesis of odds, he symbolizes the unity between the the usual and the unusual, the normal and the abnormal and the beautiful and the ugly aspects of earthly life. He reminds us of the simple truth that everything in the company of God becomes divine. His form dispels many illusions that we entertain in our minds about forms and appearances and the notion that beauty and intelligence go together, where as in truth we rarely see these two in equal proportions.

          Lord Ganesha is described as the creator of obstacles. But this is only symbolic. In reality Ganesha is a facilitator who helps us in our good actions by obstructing us in our wrong doings. He becomes an obstacle when we indulge in actions that are not in harmony with our divine nature or detrimental to our spiritual progress. As human beings, we have limited awareness and we may not always take the right decision.

          When we surrender to Ganesha and worship Him he helps us in our good actions and prevents us from pursuing wrong aims by creating obstacles on our paths. We are therefore expected to surrender to Ganesha and seek his divine guidance. The food that he devours is not just food. It is symbolic of our insatiable desires, our fears and our devotion. By devouring our desires our love and our fears he develops in us the qualities of detachment and devotion.

          The mouse which he uses as his vehicle is not a mere mouse but a symbol of our fears and nervousness and our humility and self surrender. To perform any action successfully, we need faith and belief in God. Lord Vinayaka drives away our fears, when he descends into our consciousness and rides our minds. He instills in us the courage to face life and become divine. His large elephant head is indicative of his abnormally high intelligence and his enormous mental powers. Ganesha is an epitome of knowledge, well versed in the Vedas and other scriptures. He put the Mahabharata into writing. His broken tusk gives us the hope that we too can transform our aggressive tendencies and sublimate them into peace and intelligence...

          http://hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/ganesha.htm

          Love,

          Joyce

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003

            http://ca.view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?6USTPXG6JEDDW

            If that doesn't work, go to http://ca.view.greetings.yahoo.com/pickup and
            copy and paste this code:

            6USTPXG6JEDDW

            Enjoy!

            The Yahoo! Greetings Team

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 24, 2003
              devi: thank you sarojini, i made it as wallpapper...by my reaction to
              the pictures, i can tell, i really needed to see them.
              smiles