Tony and Nasrudin

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2002
      Tony Wrote:
      "I would like to try my hand at some Nasrudin jokes. I hope it is OK,
      especially if they are not that funny at first!" He also stated in
      other posts:
      "As in most misunderstandings, I was simply projecting my
      interpretation" andÂ…
      "Sorry if it looked like I blew things out of proportion."
      Well, when Nasrudin heard this, he told Tony:
      "Your humble apologetic words make it obvious that you think it is
      necessary to not offend people. That's very nice, but there's no need
      to apologize for anything you do. You always have good intentions.
      You should stop worrying about what other people think."
      "But Nasrudin", Tony said, "my living depends on my reputation. How
      can you say that?"
      "Easy," quipped Nasrudin, "most people don't think."
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2002
        "Doctor, you have to help me, I am so confused" said Nasrudin to his
        Psychiatrist as Nasrudin lay on the couch.
        "What seems to be the problem" said the psychiatrist.
        "Well Doctor, I have done so much work mirroring my ego I can't tell which
        is the real me anymore", explained Nasrudin.
        "That should be easy", said the Doctor. "Look at this mirror and answer my
        questions"
        Nasrudin looked into the mirror.

        "OK Nasrudin" said the Doctor. "I am addressing your real self. Look in the
        mirror and tell me who you see".
        "I see my real self" said Nasrudin.
        "OK Nasrudin" said the Doctor. "I am now addressing your ego. Look in the
        mirror and tell me who you see".
        "I see my ego" said Nasrudin.

        "Very good Nasrudin, has this cleared the problem?"
        "Well, almost" said Nasrudin. "There is still one thing I need to do"
        "What is that" said the Doctor.
        "Give my real self a haircut!".
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2002
          How was my first Nasrudin joke?

          I based it on the post on Mirroring I sent last week. I developed the joke
          during my meditation this morning.
          I hope everyone gets the joke. The point is that when the Doctor was
          addressing Nasrudin's real self, it was the ego that replied. In fact, in
          the whole conversation, the ego was the one talking!

          I sense that constructing Nasrudin jokes can be not only fun but also an
          approach to spiritual knowledge and development. Does anyone have any
          thoughts on this?