Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 179

  • Ramon Sender
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 21, 2002
      Tony wrote:

      >Hi Ramon,

      >I love reading your posts, they are so descriptive!

      Thank you, Tony! I enjoy your reports as well.

      >I think it is tremendous that you achieve these continuous states of bliss.

      Oh dear, have I exaggerated? Let me rephrase. I can have a 'full flow' of
      energy through the body any time I want. That's not necessarily 'continuous.'
      I wish it were. Sometimes my awareness forgets me.

      >Are these states the objective or are they the spin-off of a greater
      >objective?

      As mentioned on the Ramana Scale of Being, if you go to +8
      and higher, the being goes beyond ecstasy. I assume at that stage
      whatever supplants it is so much more enveloping that words
      are useless. But at that point we're talking about 'being seized
      by the Divine' -- beyond Will and any action on the part of the
      aspirant other than total surrender.

      I was reading Eckhart Tolle today, and something he
      wrote spoke to me:

      "As you go about your life, don't give 100 percent of your attention
      to the external world and to your mind. Keep some within... Feel
      your inner body even when engaged in everyday activities... It is
      quite possible to be conscious of the Unmanifested throughout your
      life. You feel it as a deep sense of peace somewhere in the background,
      a stillness that never leaves you, no matter what happens..."

      Are peace and bliss synonymous? Perhaps I'm using the wrong word?

      >The concern I think is that if you make higher states of bliss
      >your focus you will always be disappointed.

      Why? Tony, the Self IS the ocean of bliss that we experience in
      deep sleep. Yes? Awareness of ourselves as this ocean is the goal.
      Or as Nisargadatta writes:
      "Awareness of being is bliss."
      Bliss is the carrot that leads the donkey in the right direction, only
      ultimately to discover that it's fixed four inches in front of his/her
      forehead.

      >Is it possible to be completely satisfied with whatever state you are in?

      Depends how you define 'satisfaction' -- and also 'state', I suppose.
      I have no interest in any descent into lower states, unless
      Mother demands it -- and even then I would hope it would be an
      Aware descent for a specific purpose. I know my work is in the body and
      the cells, because that's the 'current yoga' playing out the Evolution of
      the Planetary Self.

      My 'greater' objective is to merge the inner and outer lights completely within

      Mother's embrace and then effortlessly retain it in sahaja samadhi union with
      She who is the first to manifest from the Unmanifest -- She who creates and
      destroys.
      Whatever job is assigned to me at that point is fine, as long as She remains
      with me. But I'm not young in years any longer. I've got to get a move-on.

      Make sense? I think I'm talking like a Bhakti, and not an Advaitist!
      Oops!
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2002
        Hi Ramon,

        Thanks, I have a better understanding of how you see states of bliss.

        As in most misunderstandings, I was simply projecting my interpretation.

        ...Tony